Motorcycling.

No I've never been worried about being allowed in the US. Never been charged with nothing. Just need to have a valid passport now. I was probably griping about that. Why I mentioned the interrogation is I was last in our group to cross and got asked a few extra questions. Like when asked if I had any recent convictions and pardons and I replied no, never. He then asked me, 'if I was sure?' It was hard not be like, 'wtf did I just say dumb ass'. But instead I just replied, 'yes I'm sure'. A few weird questions like that lead me to call it a interrogation. No cavity search though!

My bike had the fuel pressure regulator give our on our trip. Pita. Still runs and runs great at WOT. But will get boggy down low and slightly hard starting. It gets to much fuel pressure when the regulator goes. So now I've got to wait a week for the damn part. And it's coming from, you guessed it,.....the USA!:whine:

Well, hopefully it does not get interrogated at the border!

I sorta proved that you dont need a passport last year to go to Canada and back......but now the pricks are enforcing the "REAL" ID act.......so I am not sure how it will end up.

You are probably right about those border vids, Squish

Jim. As I think we discussed before I don't know how you crossed over and back. But the common info out there is this:

For Canadians going to the USA:

Canadians citizens visiting the USA for pleasure may visit for up-to six months without a visa. ... If coming by land or sea, Canadian citizens are required to present a Canadian passport or one the following travel documents: Enhanced Driver's License / Enhanced Identification Card. NEXUS card

For Americans going to Canada:

However, be warned that if you go to Canada by car with your driver's license and birth certificate but no passport you will not be able to re-enter the U.S. with these documents. ... Citizens of other countries traveling between the U.S. and Canada by car need proof of citizenship from their country and proof of identity.Oct 20, 2017

These were snipped with a quick Google. But I recall you mentioned you had no issues. I will say a passport simplifies the process and is the only thing I needed to produce. No other ID.

The Americans were concerned about criminality and the Canadians upon return where concerned with smuggling. Worried I had acquired things without being properly taxed! Lol.

You are probably right about those border vids, Squish

I didn't get the impression I could tell either border crossing agents to pound sand and go about my merry way. But I don't ever look for problems with law enforcement. I'm a good citizen. Yes sir, no sir, sorry sir. Life's to short to get legally shot by someone with a short fuse.

It's funny my wife who has never even had so much as a speeding ticket that either of us can recall gets all flustered at the border like she's sure she's headed straight to jail for something. Lol. I watched her drop a bunch of US change on the ground upon our re-entry and then exclaim to the Canadian border agent, 'we don't have pennies in Canada!' , followed by 'that's my husband who just crossed'. Pointing at me like if she hadn't mentioned that she was being taken into cuffs.

People freak out....and I dont blame them!

We had a Canadian couple go in the ditch a few years ago. They were headed to Yuma.

Scared schitless they were. Once they found out that we were not there to rape and murder them they opened up a bit.

The cops shoot everyone down in the States!

Yeah, I contacted our Customs and Border Patrol and the Canadian equivalent.

Sorry I dont know the offical name!

A passport is not needed. but you are correct. A passport can simplify the process.

Again. Not for you. But as a Canuck. I need either passport or enhanced license/ID card or nexus card or I'm not getting into the land of the brave and free. I did read a quick snippet of something online that as a US citizen you can't be refused entry back into the US with even no ID at all, but it might take a bit and be some hassle sorting it out if you try to. I would assume it would be the same for me coming back to Canada. I mean what if I had been robbed or lost all my ID/passport? I'd have to apply for a green card and pick lettuce in cali for the rest of my life?

People freak out....and I dont blame them!

We had a Canadian couple go in the ditch a few years ago. They were headed to Yuma.

Scared schitless they were. Once they found out that we were not there to rape and murder them they opened up a bit.

The cops shoot everyone down in the States!

Well I did see a cop at a gas station with a truck pulled over and the back window of the truck was missing. I just assumed it was shot out over a routine traffic stop. SOP down there. License, regi, and a bullet in the back biatch. :D

Thats funny. I asked about my wife....seeing how she is not a US citizen.

No passport needed. A paper passport is a relic anyway and is potentially useless from the first issue date.

Ever had a cop not verify if your licence and insurance is current and valid? I haven't.

I think a lot of the info out there is designed to intimidate people.

I don't feel it's designed to intimidate. I think it's mostly to make things safe, accurate and consistent. But I am curious about your wife. She's not a US citizen and will be allowed to travel into Canada from the US and then back to the US again with what documentation? You just give a scouts honour for her or something?

And I'm curious what you mean about a passport being useless? It seems pretty handy to me. My daughter is travelling to Belgium soon via Germany and from all the documentation I've read/seen about it without a passport it'd be a no go. How did your wife travel from new Zealand to the USA. Or back again when/if she goes?

Once they pulled me over on my motor bike....

he asked for it all... i only had my license so i showed him that...

He said, ok. at least you have a M1 license... he said up to 60% of moto accident victims don't have a m1 license...

he let me go with no insurance or registration on me.... i base that on white male privilege, He looked Iranian or Pakistani to me.....

Good heavens.

I am radared up.

But still I could get yanked for any number of violations. :D

IMG_1938.jpg

Bluetoothed to earbuds. Works flawlessly at any speed impossible to miss alerts. New detector filters out all blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise, etc, etc. Minimal false alerts. Incredible range. Still no protection against instant on or laser unless you pick up someone else getting hit first.

Yes that is a 14,000rpm redline. :rockon:

No one needs a 14000rpm redline. Some of us just want it. :crazy:

I find myself yearning for more power still. It's a illness and I've got it bad. But I find myself bouncing off the rev limiter more and more often trying for just a little more powah.

My wife has forbidden me a 1000cc sportbike. And like most things forbidden.........it just seems more attractive.

Reallly though I am very happy with my bike. I still think it's a fantastic model of streetable supersport the f4i. Goes great, looks fantastic, halfways comfortable for a sportbike all in a 18 year old affordable package. I've drooled over some brand new models on the showroom floor but in the 600cc class that's a lot of cheddar for like 20 more horse and a more agressive(translation: less comfortable)riding position.

Its gonna be down for a week plus right now waiting for that fuel pressure regulator. Depressing.

So, you will probably be shopping for a liter bike then?? Something to do while you wait?

Kidding by the way......sort of.

I want an Africa Twin. Not because I need one....but its a cool name.

The Super Tenere would be cool too.

I aint no hot rodder!

I road a super tenere 1200 at the Yamaha demo days this year. It was fun to try out. But not for me. Lots of buttons and screens and modes and stuff. Electronic adjustable suspension even.

Africa twin. Does sound cool. I gotta admit I kinda poke fun at the adventure bike crowd. All in good fun though. Very practical seeming bikes, I'll grant them that. The other couple we went with he rides a BMW gs750 I think it is?

IMG_2101.jpg

All bikes are cool. I'm gonna hit up the dirt riding again while my bike is down waiting on those parts.

Practice some dank nooners. Lol.

Back