Motorcycling.

Creepy Stig.

No streetriding here yet. But plenty of dirt. The local riding mecca is like 2-3min of throttle twisting from my doorstep to were everyone parks. My wife has eaten it pretty bad a couple of times but not broke herself or her bike yet so we're all good!

Ha that 2-3min is public roads and involves a highway crossing. One of the times I come out of the bush road and up to the highway and there's the 5-O. Mother$:););?@!!! They hit the brakes, lights, and siren. But luckily shut it down and just took off. I had looked back at my wife and she was already signalling to high tail it back up the bush road. Lol.

Here she is just a few minutes after swapping ends and going over the bars. I had the camera/phone out just in case she did it again. :D

IMG_2056.jpg

Classic! My dad used to bring his Harley in the living room every winter, just one of many reasons he and my mom split. Lol.

Love it!
Did he sleep with it?

As for hitting insects while riding, I once caught a June bug doing maybe 60 MPH.
Right in my left eye. That I didn't crash was a miracle.
Took a long time for that eye to get back in shape.

Top race. I watch a fair bit of superbike racing online. Mostly world and British.

I really have quite a serious problem with motorcycles it would seem.

IMG_1987.jpg

My mid life crisis was the Norton, and tbh the magic wasn’t there anymore, and I scared myself a little!

I love bikes though, always check them out when they pull off or race past.

I reckon a decent 250 off road would suit me.

“My dad used to bring his Harley in the living room every winter”

Mom: Yeah Bob just lean it up against great grandma’s antique hutch over there and try not to scratch the handlebars... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWp9rhfS_0

Are you Yanks aware of the Isle of Man TT? Astonishing stuff, 180mph on tiny roads. I think Stig has been in his younger days.

One day I’ll go..

Lovely clip, Mick. I've seen other years' coverage, and it's stupendously impressive riding, for sure. So close to the edge of disaster over such an extended period of time...that is adrenaline junkie territory of the highest order.

Given the closed course setting, I'd bet me in my Jag XKR could do lap times in something like 4 to 5 times theirs...but surely no closer than that :D. And that would be fast enough to scare any normal mortal being.

2002-Yamaha-TW-250.jpg

What do youse guys think??

Just bought this over the phone at an auction sale.

Cool. You're starting a collection!

Oh man, bike season is in full effect here now. Lots of dirt, lots of street. My woman continues to wipe on the dirt so much that I had to have a stern talk with her this week when we put the streetbikes on the road. Oh man being back on the street has been so nice. i just hope no big tickets come.

Deva, it was advertised as a 250 but I dont think that would be right.

Its a TW....so I think it has to be a 200.

The TW's had the big rear tire and low gears.

Figured it would be a fun family bike.

The auction people know me so they sent it home with somebody from town that went to the sale.

I haven't even paid for it!

Back