Motorcycling.

Yah but he's not as good looking as me. ;)

Actually I was pretty scruffy looking today. Wanted the rough look, in case we ran into any bears. :evil:

Well I upgraded to a older bike. 2001 600cbr f4i. 22,000m.

This was a researched and calculated move. This bike has slightly more comfortable ergonomics than any of the newer 600 supersports and also has a broader torque/horsepower range while still having incredible punch. Fuel injected so fantastic throttle control/response and very modern 'looks' for its age. All these things, combined with its age making it very affordable are why I sought out this model and year range in particular. 110hp! 14k redline. Now we are cooking!

Please everyone. I appreciate any and all concerns for my well being. But know that being the pilot and very 'into' street/sport biking that I am acutely aware of the dangers and risks I'm taking.

IMG_1923.jpg

Everyone who knows me is very concerned. I'm in my 40's now, not my 20's. I do have a sense of self control and self preservation.

I study sportbiking and treat it as a sport. I research and practice. And it's motivated me to lose over 25pds this year. Being fit for riding is very important. For me it's had a very healthy impact on my life. Besides the sheer joy and exhilaration it brings me too.

Must be my mid-life crisis? But if it is I'll just keep rolling with it. Lol.

That's what I say. We are pretty heavily policed for speeding. So if I ride like an idiot my sport will literally be taken away from me. 40km/hr over the posted speed limit and they can impound your vehicle and charge you criminally. So there's no messing around anywhere except for the most isolated and twisty bits of roads. I can travel about 25min east and be in the mountains in a area where corners go down to full switchbacks but still have a 80-100km/hr speed limit. As well as little to no side roads and no homes or residences at all. That is where the fun is to be had and enforcement is minimal to non-existent.

By next year I'm definetly planning to hit up some track days. But those are quite aways away from me. They'll be weekend events. I plan to take some lessons/courses.

In traffic and populated areas I'll go with the quicker flow but I don't mess about.

Yes, Yes, Yes.

Whatever gets you through the day, must be okay.
Whatever makes you happy.

Smiles and miles.

I'm not much of a street, cept the motard commuter, but I'm all about happiness.

Stoked for you.

:thumbup: Fine machine.

Although I really think you might enjoy arriving at the mill in a supercharged Jag even more :evil:. Suits the older, wiser, more mature persona.

Wait...that doesn't really work for you, as I recall :lol:

Either does make a certain statement, for sure :D. Congrats, Justin.

You dirt riding maniac Deva! Nice.

I did take the bike to the mill last night. Coooold on the way there for 11pm start. Then a co-worker pulls in beside me and basically scolds me for riding in the cold and tells me tomorrow morning at 11am will be colder and raining. Wtf mr. Positivity? Well sure enough the 11am ride home was full sunshine and warm. Gorgeous out. Ha! Take that negative Nelly. So much nicer of a way to travel for me. So much passing power/ability it's nice not to be held up by the slowpokes on the roads around here.

There's discussion on a local sportbike forum I frequent about Cali's lane splitting laws. And always the high hopes that maybe, just maybe one day the same will be adopted here. One can always dream. Cali dreaming. Lol.

I thought that Husky bike was new and I just caught up in the other thread where you said it was.

Congratulations! 8)

Thanks a bunch. I haven't treated myself in quite a while.

I'd been riding a 525 for a long time and just wanted something current and smaller...
Way more fun.

Gotta take advantage of every nice day this time of year.

That's rattlesnake point in the background on kalamalka lake. Bonus points if you can ID the scat behind my front tire. I'll give you a hint, it's not rattlesnake shit and Butch is deathly afraid of them. Lol.

IMG_1930.jpg

Back