Motorcycling.

Not a dirt track, a board track.
Take a fall on that and you can spend the next week digging splinters out of your butt.

Justin... Take a MX skills class together....
You're wife will be stoked.
Like a horse skills class but moto and more fun....

I'll have to gurgle around and see if there's much of that around here. She's been all about the street the last couple of weeks as have I. Weathers been great. I've been riding everyday for weeks now. Just loving it. Getting real used to the cbr.....almost to used to it. :/: Gotta stay out of trouble.

Definetly going to be hitting up the dirt a bunch here still too.

Dang.... Boards for Acres! Or Hectares... as yall say!

Dirt riding makes a way better street rider... not to mention once you slide off the street it's dirt...

Do you guys Sport Tour Camp together?

Seems really cool you guys ride together...

We have one overnighter planned so far this year, but it'll be a hotel. Lots of local/day trips we can do and log some serious street km though.

We are truly blessed with our local dirt riding Mecca moments from our house to the bottom of the hill. Literally near endless singletrack, bush roads, trials, and mx areas/tracks too. Old school up here still, free and no one around to say jack shit to you about go here, don't go there, blah blah blah. It's pretty sweet. And then you hang a right on the highway moments from my place and we are moments away from some of the best street riding highway lines in our province too. Life is good. But it's been raining a bit. Blah, I hate riding in the rain.

Cool. I've been going plum street crazy lately still. Logging big km. Loving my radar, comms and music set up too. The radar has flat out saved me from massive expense and hassle a couple of times for certain now. A wise investment.

The need for speed has become addictive if I'm honest.

at the risk of asking a very dumb question, is that a burned area where the roads stopped the fire?

Oil spill....

Nah... it's a burn... most likely a prescribed one.... to prevent the accidental tail pipe roaching the world in an evening breeze...

Oh ok, prescribed, that makes sense given the rather precise perimeter

This was one of the stops on our motorcycle tour yesterday. Wilsey dam about 1/2hr from me. Produces a good chunk of the power for the north okanagan. Built in 65? I think the plaque said. Took 65 men over two years to blast out the rock for the installation. It was originally a waterfall. Still rather impressive today though. The observation deck where these photos were taken from is a nice spot for a lunch. Quite exposed over the spillway. When the waters low and the spillway is closed there's nice big pools in there that allow cliff jumping, climbing and other reckless activities. Spent many a day up to no good in and around this spillway.

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

Van city? Meh. It's nice I hear. But you'd never catch me living there. I'm adverse to city's. 50,000 people or so 15-20min away from me is as close as I ever want to get to a city. But BC in general? Kick ass!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/O2kx9p3"><a href="//imgur.com/a/O2kx9p3">Well that is mildly impressive</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seen these crazy sheep on the road yesterday. Westside Rd Kelowna BC.

IMG_2094.jpg

Wife was stoked. I had to stop her from going right up and trying to pet one.

IMG_2096.jpg

Thanks B. I think so too.

MB. I forgot to mention we also saw a bear. A cub. My wife wanted to pull over to have a fairy tale picnic in the woods with it. But I knew momma wouldn't be far off so I told her we best take a raincheck and keep moving.

Back