Motorcycling.

Hella shop.

Thanks, worst part about selling will be the downgrade in shops. My other place has a stand alone single bay 'shop' but it'll be nearly a 3/4 reduction in space.

Well so far it's raining today. And I don't bike in the rain, because I'm made of sugar. :D

Well today is the day. Tail bag is installed and with it and a pack I can motorvate with all my work essentials. Here's to 50+mpg and way more fun! I think I'll park next to the one other bike I've seen at the plant. Full dresser Harley :D

IMG_1888.jpg

You're more of a Rice Rocket than a Harley fella, eh? At one time I had aspirations for a Spaghetti Rocket -- Ducati was more my cup of tea.

We see those signs that read, "Motorcycles are everywhere!" so I point up at the sky and tell the children that one is falling from the sky right then! Did have a case yesterday in the chip truck where I was entering a right turn lane and a motorcycle snuck around me on the right shoulder -- saw him coming in the mirror, paused before merging over. If I wasn't alert, he would've been another statistic. Stay safe on the road!

Does not pay to be a doombass. Especially on two wheels. Don't count on getting 9 lives. You might not be one of the lucky ones. You would think people would see the danger. I guess I was bulletproof once. Extra cautious now.

I ride with a tigers eye, and as if I'm invisible.

It's funny to me but people telling me to 'be careful ' and 'stay safe' who climb and cut trees with chainsaws is kind of funny. :P

I know it comes from a good place. I don't ride like a twenty year old anymore that's for sure.

And no GP, cruisers are definetly not my thing. I'd be dragging pegs constantly. The fun for me is in the lean, cornering.

Riding home last night was pretty fun. I'd nearly forgotten how much I like riding at night. Extra cautious though, saw a big fat coon lumber across the road and got brutally highbeamed once by some a--hole with a giant Star Trek light bar on his truck. Who does that to a bike? I was on low beam and it's not like its overpoweringly bright? I actually went hulk mode for a second stopped ......and nearly turned around. I'm to old for that nonsense now though.

If I road a bike I'd wear a hi-vis jacket and have a hi-vis 'lil flag flapping. :drink:

Any Hell's Angels or Banditos who laughed at me would enjoy an asswhuppin...

You see my helmet in the last pic. Highly visible. My jacket has got a couple of red blazes on the shoulder and a black and silver configuration that is quite visible too. I've gone about as high viz as I can without going full dork. That and the bike is wired lights on all the time and one of the things I like about 'sport' bikes. They're flashy, catch the eye. Still. I always assume that no one sees me.

The one thing I don't like about a sportier style of bike is it does inspire people it seems to drive like assholes. Like it brings out the race or rice in some people. I had a Chevy equinox 'blow my doors off' yesterday. He passed me at over a 100 mph in a 60mph speed limit zone. I was doing about 80-85 flowing with the faster traffic. Those are the idiots that I really keep an eye on and keep some distance from. I'm not looking to race family haulers on the public road.

I had a momma racoon and young ones start to cross the road in front of me the other day. I was going pretty slow and switched over to the other lane while slowing down.
Mom told the all 'GET DOWN", and she did the same. All of them at one time. It was hilarious and worked that time.

One night I was riding and didn't see the dead coon til I was right on top of it. Decided going straight over it was safer than trying to miss it. That worked.
On the same night I was going slow in a spot I have seen deer crossing in the past. Two big dogs crossed in front of me for no apparent reason. If I was going 55 I would have been hard pressed to dodge both of them. I used to love night riding. Scares me to ride slow now.

Night riding in the summer when you can smell the countryside and feel the cooler air of a sunken valley.

I liked that, makes you feel alive.

Yah it's exhilarating. Didn't do much for getting to sleep when I got home though. :whine: I was wide awake. Lol. Get off at midnight and about a 30min ride home. No one on the road but wildlife and drunks, and the odd millworker I suppose. Good times.

You sold your bike Mick?

The well wishing is not on behalf of your riding style -- it's to beware of all the folks with oblivious levels of awareness driving and those acutely aware of motorcyclists (those who have pent up hatred) who drive to intentionally mess with riders.

There is a rare person that actually tries to kill motorcyclists... only seen a few.

Or intentionally squeeze you when filtering through..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Two wheels on the street is to much fun to not partake because of cagers and their oblivious nature. That's the essence of it for me.

Many years ago I used to get swerved at it seemed just to give me a scare. Has not happened in a long time. Oncoming traffic actually goes off to the edge of their lane to give me extra room lots of times. I guess they are letting me know they see me. Happens a lot.

I hate when they don't give me much room when they pass me as a bicyclist or pedestrian.

I don't care what speed a motorcyclist is traveling at; what's always rubbed me the wrong way is when motorcyclists don't obey the basic traffic laws, skirting around due to their reduced footprint and increased nimbleness. It may be legal in other states, but it's not legal here to ride between lanes while traffic is stopped in rush hour, nor use the breakdown lane as a lane of travel. In an ideal world, motorcyclists would obey the traffic laws as any other vehicle, and would be treated as such. As it is, I see people are reacting to them due to them operating outside the boundaries.

For my part, I have to keep a heightened awareness of them due to our larger equipment footprint. They don't realize how fast I can go empty or how quick my reaction times are to changing lights and several have taken foolish risks around the truck. Of course, that happens with cars, too -- a lady turned right on red in front of me, then immediately merged over 2 lanes of traffic, cutting off the car in the left hand lane. She could've easily been hit by me or the other car, all for the sake of getting over to her left turn position in the suicide lane. People take huge (unnecessary) risks to save 30 sec. or 2 minutes -- a mode of thinking I don't claim to understand.

Good grief.

If you can't then they can't?

Is the "LAW" always right?

Motorcycles are a great litmus test for people that either shouldn't be on bikes or the road for that matter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GP, where is it legal for a motorcycle to operate any different than a car? Not here. Bicycles have to obey the same rules as cars, too.

Reduced footprint and nimbleness is what it's all about. I slice through traffic like a hot knife through butter. Don't like it? Pull me over and we can discuss it. :D

For the record lane splitting isn't legal here and i don't do it. But I will pass and maneuver legally to make time and I know some people don't like it. Too bad, people should be courteous to bikes and not block them in.

GP, where is it legal for a motorcycle to operate any different than a car? Not here. Bicycles have to obey the same rules as cars, too.

Some places bikes can lane split as Deva pointed out. But bikes can out accelerate 99% of the vehicles on the road, even relatively slow bikes are much faster then most cars and they are much smaller so can pass much more efficiently and still legally then autos.

Here's me dressed like a powerranger on the side of the road lol. The wife and I did a solid 3+hr ride today on my home turf. Hwy6. Some of the best and most scenic riding in the province. Hence the grin, ear to ear all day. Just gorgeous out. I laid it down something fierce and had a blast doing so. The Hwy gets very isolated once you're more then 20min out of town. Very little traffic, rarely ever a cop. Endless awesome corners and beautiful scenery.

I'm really starting to feel the itch for a more powerful bike. I'm really flogging the r3 for all it's worth.

IMG_6412.jpg

Back