Motorcycling.

A dank nooner yo!:rockon:

I'm waiting a year or two for my midlife crisis. When I get a r1. :evil:

Right now I'm just working up to the crisis. In training.

Hell yeah. Yamahahahaha!!!

I still have my old YZF600R a 1996 I think. Been sitting in the garage for years now, pool old gal.

This old ink could use some touch up.
Interesting trivia that I didn’t know til my dad told me, Yamaha’s symbol there is 3 crossed tuning forks, stemming from their fine piano business.

067F01F5-95A2-42D9-844A-B10C3C9702BA.jpg

Quite a morning in my neck of the woods. A dirtbike died last night about 150-200m from my driveway on the crossroad. I heard them ripping last night just before I was off to bed. Thought man someone's really giving er. Even had an inkling to jump on my WR and see what was happening as it sounded like they were going back and forth a bunch. But I didn't and never heard the crash. Looks like they missed the stop sign jog in the road for the railway tracks and into the rhubarb on the unused railway frontage. If only I'd heard I may have been able to help. Body/bike wasn't found until this morning.

Man that's close to home.

Yikes...

I was changing the clutch plates today and dropped a metal dowel down in the lower end....

Do I try and fish it with a magnet rod... gotta go buy one.

Take the side of the case off...

Or flip it over and shake the bike?

I feel like an idiot... they say a fool and their money...

Deva

I would try all of those things in about that same order I think. I've got a magnet rod and it's an invaluable tool to have. So I'd definetly start there.

Rained/raining all weekend here. I changed the plugs in my wife's ninja 300 and cleaned every inch of it, all the plastics inside and out.

I was supposed to go dirt riding at Carnegie... but working Saturday whooped me.... so I stayed home and did moto maintenance on the husqy 350.

Then put a new clutch slave cylinder on the ktm... because they dont offer the OEM rebuild kit anymore... 35 dollars in o rings to 250 in a new hard part...

Then was like oh... j should change the clutch plates too... then bleed it...

Yes, Cory. Shit happens often in my realm... I'm a sailor in the sea of WTF.

But... hard to learn anything by not trying...

In hind sight... I should have just taken all the dowels out as soon as I opened it... Instant Wisdom... just fuckup and realize it...

I had the same type of thing happen 2x recently, once was a putty knife fell inside chipper housing, I didn't feel like chipping it up with new knives just installed. Wanted to use a magnet to fish it out but one wasn't handy plus I thought it would be hard to lower into the tight confines with so much steel all around. End result was a long thin flexible wire bent into a hook on the end did the trick.

Nothing wrong with screwing up mechanical endeavours. It can/will be fixed!

You're light years ahead just doing that stuff yourself in the first place.

I will add often the flexible rod magnets come as a two for and the 2nd piece is a four claw pick up tool which is super handy and often does the trick too.

A lot of those magnets have an aluminum sleeve around them so they don't get stuck to the side of whatever you are poking into.

I will add often the flexible rod magnets come as a two for and the 2nd piece is a four claw pick up tool which is super handy and often does the trick too.

Yeah I have one of those long claw pick ups in my shop where it never gets used, so now its in my pick up truck, closer to the action.

A lot of those magnets have an aluminum sleeve around them so they don't get stuck to the side of whatever you are poking into.

Whoah, that is genius.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/QjZHudX"><a href="//imgur.com/a/QjZHudX">Damn</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well the dirtbike casualty turned out to be a young neighbour 29. Out Friday night for a rip snort around the block. No light on the bike, no helmet on the head.

I still did a wheelie up the hill on the way home today. It's my spot, now I just give a nod and a RIP before I do.

I saw some comments about a Super Tenere. I considered one of those back in 89 and opted for the KLR650 which is still chugging to this day. Back then the Tenere was a 750 twin I believe and the one run in the Dakar was upped to 850 cc. I rode an R1 when my friend bought one in 2000 and came back with sweaty palms and a bit of shake in my hands. And that was only 150 hp. Now I think they're near 200 hp. I've been spit off bikes a few times but try to avoid that now the older I get.

Back