Motorcycling.

I may or may not have caused some trouble today......and everyday.

Westside Rd with okanagan lake in the background. Streetbiking paradise.

IMG_1950.jpg

So. Interesting story. I am going to buy a dirtbike, more than likely tomorrow. So my wife withdraws $1400 cash from the bank today to top up what I have on hand. Then she goes to Wally World to shop and proceeds to leave her wallet,with the money and her phone in it on the dogfood shelf where exactly one week ago she got dog food and never got charged for it. A seven year old girl and her brother and mom found it and turned it in. My wife laid a twenty spot on the kid as thanks. Amazing sometimes how things go.

The Ural in itself was übercool.
In this configuration it is unbelievably so.

Tech is amazing. That is super cool.

I've been feeling like a child again lately with my new to me '98 wr400f. Nothing state of the art about it at all. But man it's fun fun fun!! Big Jim I bet this would haul you around no problemo. How's your boy been going?

IMG_1971.jpg

I drove a sicecar bike 12 years, when I happened to be in Denmark.
Summer and winter ( We had winters, back then).

I really like the Urals.

Richard, my partner, has a serious hard on for them.
Problem is, with the ridiculous 180% import tax, they are too expensive for a toy.

I was curious so i double checked this 'featured ad' I always come across and it's for a second hand 2018 with 1700k at 20,999. Not as widespread as I thought:

2018 Ural Baikal LE, only 1720km. Only 45 produced world wide, only 5 in Canada.

Dude. Good job on the dirt bike.
It's gonna up your street skills by 1000.
A whole new respect for traction and momentum...
Plan to eat shit...wear yur gear. You're stoked.

Electric ural looks rad.

Ha. Thanks. I road a lot of dirt when I was younger and have resisted the urge as I can still taste the dirt. But now that I've been out on even a few small jaunts I wonder why I ever gave it up. I learned to ride in gravel pits, so you learned how to make a bike hook up or you weren't climbing anything.

I'll be honest I was wanting to start wheeling my cbr streetbike and I was like I bet I could buy a dirtbike to practice on for less then the cost of one f-ck up on the cbr. Lol. Also it extends my riding season a bit more although it's still pretty much had here. Frigging cold out.

I've got a lot of my old moto gear still so I'm decently suited up. Need arm guards and some shin/knee guards still though.

I almost talked myself into a husky tc510. A beautiful lunatic machine but close to twice what I picked up this old yammy for. This wr is no slouch by any means. Doesn't seem over the top fast to me though, I think from having the sportbike. Still in the baby steps stages though and definetly not riding it to its full potential. Not looking to get busted up. But I guess no one is. Lol.

I can ride from my home to the main riding area in my locale. Where the local club maintains trails and holds races. Near endless exploring to be had. Yah, I'm stoked!

Back