Double Line Rope Walker

Where do you guys get bungee cord?
It is not a readily available thing here, all I can get is the stuff for tying tarps on trucks, and that doesn't have much strech.
I'd like to pick some up while I'm in the US.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The hardware store in town has rolls of bungy cord from 1/8th to 1/2 inch in 1/16 inch increments. But the 1/8th is all that's needed.

I whipped eyes into the bungy cord with thread. Then used a few wraps of zing-it to interface the pantine to the eye of the bungy. The runner on the bottom is just a section of Dyneema I sewed to the pantine and sewed an eye on the bottom end for the connector.

Thats a super simple, super effective system. Many thanks Jerry. Do you think this could be adapted to work on a single static line?

Yup, think this is a similar setup. Man he motors up the rope, wonder how far he could keep up that pace. I gotta try this out:)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qfPQnHY1Sjo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qfPQnHY1Sjo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thats a super simple, super effective system. Many thanks Jerry. Do you think this could be adapted to work on a single static line?

Actually that's where it came from. The bungy idea has been around for some time in SRT, but using it in double line technique as I demonstrated is the first that I know of.

I been fiddling with the idea off and on for several years and just got around to making the video.

I use it to limb up conifers and it saves me a heck of a lot work compared to the single pantine, or body thrusting, ugh..

I gotta give that a go. I could have used that technique on Sunday when my groundsman let my lowering rope slip up through and out the lowering pulley, forcing me to ascend my rope in mid air with just my Pantin to put the rope back through the pulley.

I was thinking how the Petzel basic ascender might work nicely with out having to disassemble a Pantin.. And I found this from another system that might work well with it too vs the ankle strap.. What do you think Ger?

f01r.jpg

http://www.onrope1.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=432&parent=18

That foot/ankle strap will work, Steve. Good find.

And if I didn't have a spare pantine in my kit I would have used the basic that is always in may SRT kit.

Thanks Gerry... I know I sure could have used the rope walker system yesterday... well heck ... many times past LOL. I was really wishing for it or the raptor yesterday fur sure. Way I figure it is put the two together in your kit and watch out :D

I just asked that question in the other related thread, Burnham. Gerry said a Croll or Basic should work fine.

Back