Stihl 880 price?

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 105
  • Views 29K
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j22KaVO1KqE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j22KaVO1KqE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Do it up!8)

Overnight the clutch from Bailey's for the 3120.

Helicoil the exhaust on the 2094

problem solved.

Can't say it much better than that!! Damn clutch is cheap, even overnighted, compared to an 880!!!

I like the blowshitup theory though!!!! YEAH!!! "CLICK CLICK BOOM!!!!!!"

Edit, FWIW: I run a 32" full comp on my 046BB with no problems in Hedge, Oak cuts like butter!!

I look at the 880 every time I go to the saw shop. It the past it looked like a fun toy, now it just looks like lower back pain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd spring for the optional wheeled model.

I have never seen one up close... I feel that looking for the big saws in my town is like a wild kingdom special..... A rare beast indeed....:lol:
Not that a 660 is anything to overlook ;) THAT they do have here.

The largest Stihl dealer in this area sells about eight 660's per year and one 880 every several years .Around these parts a 460 size is considered a large saw .

394 with a 42 inch bar is my biggest....use it pretty regulary, but not enough to neeed an 88. I think I will get a 66 though

I look at the 880 every time I go to the saw shop. It the past it looked like a fun toy, now it just looks like lower back pain.

I carried an 088 & 090 one time. It was like carrying two 5 gallon buckets of water.

Get 'er fixed & RUN full skip. Spend the money you save to get it modded later...

Ask Al Smith. He ran my modded 044 with a 36" bar & the log was as big as the bar. It cut it with no problem. So I imagine yours would do better yet...

If you didn't have the 3120, i'd say go for it. A 10k tree removal would justify it. Like Brian said, the 3120 is the same type of beast as the 088, fix it. I have run a 42" bar on an 066 also, your dealer just doesn't want to order a bar when he can sell you what he has in stock for more money

Jeff sent me his inventory list in a word doc so I could open it. He's shy on Husky bars but he does have 44" and 56" bars for your MS660 (3/8", .063 gauge).

He also has 60", 72" and 84" in .404 pitch, .063 gauge for your 3120.

Just get a good used 084. Stock $600-$800 or get one already wood ported for $800-$1000. The 084 is a tad lighter too. I have lifted and ran them side by side to know. Thats why I have 4 084's.

The Husky 3120XP has a bad clutch, I know, it's an easy fix, but I have to order it from..... Somewhere. No dealers nearby.

I am looking for a 3120 to have built into a piped hotsaw. Could take it on trade toward a stock 084 or maybe even a woods ported 084. Depends on the shape of the 3120 lower end etc on how much trade I would allow.

Ask Al Smith. He ran my modded 044 with a 36" bar & the log was as big as the bar. It cut it with no problem. So I imagine yours would do better yet...
I was impressed with that saw . I've never seen an 044 with anything longer than a 24" prior to that .

That log must have been about 38-40 inchs .I couldn't make it through without going over the top using my 125 or Kevins 084 both with 36" bars and the Mac actually has about 1 more usable inch than a Stihl although they are both rated at 36" .

I had a few minutes to check out the saws today; the 3120 wouldn't start, but I didn't have time to mess with it. The clutch is OK, just missing 2 springs.

The Jonsered 2094 fired up on the 3rd pull, even though its been sitting for months. It needs a new side cover/chain brake if anyone knows where I can get one. I think I can fix the muffler threads.

Brett,

If you can find a metric tap and die set to tap the muffler holes up to the next size diameter screw is the way I would go about it. I had a MS 200 with a bad hole for the muffler. No more problems with the screw backing out and cracking the muffler.

When comparing modern day Sthil saws nothing beats an 88 for cutting big wood. The smaller saws with big bars can get the job done but an 88 has the edge because it has more torque for those bigger cuts in hardwood. Generally speaking this isn't big tree country but our Silver maples, Siberian Elms, Hackberrry and Oaks can get to be easily 4' or more at the butt. It is not uncommon for these trees to have codom leaders with the main crotch being bigger than the stump cut. Speed is nice but I would rather have the torque when you have to start fooling around with big tree parts.

As much as I hate muscling around an 88 these days I am glad I bought one years ago.

The Jonsered 2094 needs a new side cover/chain brake if anyone knows where I can get one.

Might fit...

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUSQVARNA-CHAIN-BRAKE-COMPLETE-FITS-394-AND-395_W0QQitemZ300309297704QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item300309297704&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Will the Husky 394 or 395 side cover fit?

Yup, I believe it will. Couldn't find anything n e-bay, so I just ordered from Baileys; along with the clutch springs and an AV mount.

edit: Dang, Rick. I didn't see that. I wonder if I can cancel the Bailey's order?

Was at the local sawshop today so I asked. $1400 with a 42" bar for the 880. And yes that's Canadian pesos. I was tempted but stayed focused on what I had really gone there for.:D

Back