My Oscar Is Checking Out...

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
He/she was pushing 8 years old. When they stop eating and go head down like this it means they're on their last legs. I imagine I'll wake up tomorrow and my buddy will be stuck to an intake valve.

This will be my last Oscar. I'm gonna opt for dwarf cichlids next go around.

So, anyone have any baddass Oscars? My guy was a killa 'til he got old...

:(

Attachments

• oscar dying.jpg
    oscar dying.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 21
That's a cool fish. Eight is up there isn't it?

I never got to into them, but one of my best friends growing up had a goldfish that lived to be 13

Sorry Boss! :( Oscars are cool as hell.... temperamental.... ornery.... varracious eaters.... gotta love em!:D

Sorry about Oscar. Kind of a Spartan environment he's got there, eh? No plants or even a sunken ship? Maybe he's depressed.

Nor an Emmy or a Tony, educate me. :drink:

I'm guessing he eats everything and anything?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They can't have anything in the tank because they will knock it around, injuring theirself and even breaking the tank. That's why I'm through with Oscars. I just might slap a couple fancy finned goldfish in there, next.

Sorry to hear about Oscar.

I've never had one but years back I bred African Cichlids for a while. Mouth breeders, fun for a while. Go with the gold fish, low maintenance.:)

Or maybe get a snake. 8)

My six year old daughter has a Beta. That's the friendliest fish I've ever seen, he really has a personality. I never would have believed a fish could be so likable. :what:

Crikey, I've had thousands invested in reef tanks before. Never again, not 'til Imma millionaire.

Lights out. He was 2lbs 4ozs and slimy as hell.

Attachments

• oscar dying 2 008.jpg
    oscar dying 2 008.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 9
Back