How To Attach Multiple Pics

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
TreeDimensional said:
Butch, how do I attach mutiple pics?

Just keep hitting the browse button. Even though only one upload box is visible, it will allow you to post as many pics in one post as you wish.

:drink:

get it right!
007eeseWhip.gif

I've had good luck uploading two pics at a time...sometimes it works, sometimes not. Any more than two is usually a failure. File size might be the factor.

For those who don't know how to upload and post pictures, I'm going to try explaining this. I figured it would be better to do it here once than repeating myself every time somebody new needs help. I tried looking it up online but vBulletin doesn't have much in the way of tutorials for posting pictures.

To attach a picture to your post, you first should make sure it's a reasonable size. Anything up to about 250kb will load in a reasonable amount of time. Pictures up to 3.86mb are accepted, but realistically anything much over 1mb will be difficult to load and even more difficult to view because it will be too big. If you're running Windows XP then you can use the cool little Windows Powertoys image resizer. It isn't available for Vista so I use a simple little program called VSO Image Resizer to resize my pictures quickly and easily.

OK, you're composing your post and want to add a picture. How do you do it? Below the composition window there will be a link labeled 'manage attachments'. Click it. A new window will open . In this window you can manage your attachments. Click the 'browse' button to find the picture on your computer that you wish to upload. Double click on it and then click 'upload' in the attachment manager. Once it is finished uploading it will appear in the list of 'current attachments'. When you have uploaded all the pictures you wish to attach to your post, close the attachment manager window and your pictures will all be attached to your post. Finish composing your post and then post as usual. That's it, it's that easy.

As many as you want... just gotta load them one at a time.

Used to be you could load 5 at a time... but for some reason there was a glitch that wouldn't allow more than one or 2.

So it's mo' betta this way...

Gary

OK, I'm getting inquiries on how to post pictures again. Since this uploader is slightly different I figured I would add an updated explanation here. The process is almost the same, you open the attachment window by clicking either the 'manage attachments' button down below the reply window or else by clicking on the paper clip icon in the top toolbar of the reply window. When the attachment window opens up, you can choose your pictures from your computer and upload them.

The new uploader will not only upload multiple pictures at once, but you can also reuse previously uploaded images much easier.

You have to click `Go advanced' if you want the manage attachments and the paper clip.

Attachment photos don't seem to load, just get a question mark in a box where the photo should be in the attachment file upload manager thing. I tried at the random pics thread. Wonder what's up?

Not so bad....you get the question mark in the little box, but they still load, it appears. Never happened before that way.

Back