facebook?

I put profiles on several SN sites when I was still marketing photography, great way to put a portfolio in front of lots of people. I have no idea if they're still there.

You got me thinking and I noticed what I thought was my daughter's facebook page on my computer. I hadn't seen it in a while and so I checked out the blog and started reading some really amazing stuff that I knew she didn't write. Then as I read I realized it was my son's blog.
He's using it to vent on things he sees as unjust or make him angry. I always thought when he talked about things like that he was parroting me but he has a different set of issues and arguments... and we don't necessarily agree. I mean really well organized and articulate thoughts and he just turned 14 years old... my kid is a lot smarter than me.

Reading that blog is the best thing that's happened to me in months.

I joined to be able to communicate with my niece. BUT....I'm afraid I feel like a stupid old fart there.

'Punches', 'Karma', WTH??! I spend more time on the computer than ANYONE I know....but I really don't have a clue concerning facebook or myspace.

I dont add any of the apps at facebook, just the plain jane version for me. I do however update my status regularly. ;)

I don't accept any of the goofy stuff folks send me on facebook with the exception of a challenge to play scrabble with an old high school friend of mine.

I use it to. I also don't accept any of the applications or the weird stuff your friends "send" you.

I have it on my phone and check it several times a day. I notice that I rarely go check my friends facebook out. I'm a greedy facebooker!

It's cool to hear from old high school friends and cousins that I haven't talked to in years.

love
nick

haha thats funny!! i was invited but it wants your email and password, no thanks

Sorry Willie....I was wrong. They ARE asking for you email address and password....if you want to 'search for friends' by going through your email address book. Yeah, right! :what:

I just sent a note to a friend who I've been trying to contact for years. She replied back within minutes! An hour-long phone call later and I now have the right contact info. Cool.

I am playing around on facebook tonight. It kills me that everyone becomes fans of their favorite singers, stars, movies, etc because they all make such safe choices.

"Jim Johnson just became a fan of The Beatles." Way to go out on a limb there.

oh - i joined a few weeks back and found I got way to much mail - so I setup a JUNK_MALE account and now all the updates go there.

also - why would some of those people want to be my cyber friend, when in person they don't ever say hi to me.

to much wasted time for me

hmm - i 'll read the book when it comes out

Last edited:
I think I am too old to be on there.

It used to be so you had to have a .edu email, so it was limited to college kids and facilty, then a few years ago they opened it up to anyone.
It's funny to look at high school years, my class only has about two pages of folks, my kids class has about 50 pages.

lemme know if you want to add me as a connection G. Do you let your gals use that stuff? I dont figure I would.

Back