Camera Buff

very quickly,

all at ISO 400, 1/8 f8, all handheld with flash (430ex) on auto
1, a close up with my 3 kenko extension tubes
2, my new baby at 200mm (sorry for the ghosting more down to a slightly longer shutter speed)
3 my old sigma 70 - 300 f4-5.6 APO macro Super

subject my flatmates brake lever.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

in the past i was always moderatly disapointed with the sigma, now it just hurts that i spent £180 on it all those years ago then £70 getting it stripped and cleaned last year.
Jamie

I'm super impressed by the difference in colour it produces over the old sigma, i suppose thats the difference that £300 makes. now i want a 5D (or a 5DmkII) to really show it off.

i'd quite like a tripod colar for it but the canon version coming in at almost £90 i found some 'made for canon' ones on fleabay for £15 from hong kong......i like to stay branded but its almost £75 extra for a collar

edit: even the lens hood clicks on in an almost sexy way...i'm off to bed, i'm working tomorrow:cry:

Jamie

I'd go with the cheaper collar. After all, its not like it will affect the picture quality. As long as it works, you're golden.

Very nice lens, Jamie.......every bit as sharp as my 70-200 f/2.8 IS......and, look around for a 1.4x and 2x for it. You'll get AF (with the center spot), and, with any luck, with the 2x as well.

My 2.8 with both convertors stacked (f/8) will actually AF to some degree, if the subject has some good lines for it to lock on.

The next lenses to consider are the 17-40 or 24-105, both f/4 and L...... i use my 17/40 more than my 24-70, I think.

or a 12-20 or whatever is available for your small sensor....but the image quality may suffer a bit......

Bump

I almost thought Canon was surly going to soon release a 120MP 35mm camera because of a huge price drop in the 50MP 5Ds over the past couple years, but now I wonder if there are lots of clones out there or what. I'm seeing new 5Ds's for around $1800 on ebay, but the Canon website, and Canon authorized dealers on ebay are selling for $3500 still.

Even if there are clones, it would be great to find a place where they are well reviewed like the cloned chainsaws have been, so we know if it's worth getting or not. Sure is tempting for 50MP at half price, but $1800 is not worth the risk.

Anyone have the Sony RX100 VI (6)? I think it can do something like 25 full resolution images @ 10fps, talk about HD video clip. 960fps video capability too, and decent zoom range for the model. I'm just a bit unsure considering the image quality of my newer HX80 is so much worse (noisier at low ISO) than my older WX220.

Back