Tree felling vids

It's been two years since I first uploaded a video to YouTube. I uploaded 3 the other night, all variations of the same thing. None of them have showed up yet. How long does it generally take?

Edit: They were there, but were private. I had to go in and change to public.

These two pines were leaning toward a house. I set lines in each of them, then tensioned, cut, and pulled them over. Nothing exciting, just playing with the cameras.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IFcp1ole8I4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Those different angles are cool to observe. I have come to always expect top of the line work from Scott. If he looked like he was having a bit of difficulty sometimes, it might make it more interesting. :D

I was by myself that day, Jay. That's one reason I don't get more pics/vids than I do. I don't take the time, usually. I set one camera on a tripod in the field behind the house, and the other was on the porch for the first tree, then on the picnic table for the second tree. I hoped to get some good footage from the different angles, and I was pleasantly surprised to find it actually worked! :D

Looked simple and well done...good to see work like that.

I like how as soon as the engine cranks up the tree starts tipping over...Pavlovian that is.

Thanks, Gary. That's one reason I like a manual transmission in a work truck. First thing I did on this truck (12 years ago) was bypass the clutch safety switch. I can tension in 4-low, and kill it. Then when I'm ready to start pulling, just turn the key, it'll pull 'er on over.

I think in most things, the easier somebody makes it look, the better they are at it.

That's what I tell myself when the customer or some bystander says after the fact, "Oh that looked easy, I coulda done that". I just agree wholeheartedly, "Yah but instead you just paid me some thick clams to do it for you". Lol.

I agree too, then hand them a rope and saw and say "you can get the next one". I usually have to finish the job I was hired for. :lol:

Here's a pine I took down a couple of years ago. I had to limb and top it before dropping the spar. I was trying out my new camera, and the instructions said it only took up to 22 minute clips, whatever that means. I thought at 22 minutes, it would stop filming, and so I tried to have the tree limbed and topped before running out of time. I was back down in 17:56. Then only a couple more minutes to flop the spar.

Now that I've got this video thingy figured out, maybe I can post some of the footage I've had that's been gathering dust...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nY9ofyN7SCY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When I'm going Outlaw, like that, I'll always tie in with my climb line before tossing the top and working it down.

But that's just me...

It's enough that I went up it cutting on just my lanyard...

Back