Tree felling vids

Yeah, that guy should probably stick to gardening and homesteading.

His wife is good at canning.. I felt bad that he kept plugging Tree Stuff. I would have been embarrassed had I been Luke.

I need to ask what I say when the top goes. I try to keep quiet on the comm systems. But when they land sweet.. I know I say something sometimes.

He must be, because, he sure has a helluva following on youtube. I probably wouldn't have to work if my channel had that many views.

A smooth talker that is. Sorry, I obviously don't know how to post very well on here.

His wife is good at canning.. I felt bad that he kept plugging Tree Stuff. I would have been embarrassed had I been Luke.

I need to ask what I say when the top goes. I try to keep quiet on the comm systems. But when they land sweet.. I know I say something sometimes.

I catch myself talking to myself all the time :) It used to bug me, but now I just let flow, and me and myself share some fun times.

He must be, because, he sure has a helluva following on youtube. I probably wouldn't have to work if my channel had that many views.

A smooth talker that is. Sorry, I obviously don't know how to post very well on here.

Heck... Having to work is half the fun! Don't know if I could live with myself if I were a professional youtuber. :lol:

Heck... Having to work is half the fun! Don't know if I could live with myself if I were a professional youtuber. :lol:

Exactly! You got me there. I think it was just a few comments back that I was saying I was born to do this work. I have to admit though, that it makes me greedy when I can make money of my silly youtube channel...obviously I don't know much about making movies, and don't really care to...it's just the easiest money I have ever made :)

Oh, no, it's definitely not impossible Cory. I think that the reason Gerry or any good faller would disapprove of a swing dutchman is just because the task can be accomplished a lot faster with three wedges, and twelve hard smacks; AND with a much higher degree of consistency.

"Trick Falling," I think, is Burnham's slur.

"Gimmick felling cuts", Jed...not "trick" :D.

I'm not much for whooping over a fell or throwing a top, either...makes it seem like something you were not sure would go well, in fact did.

Me and Stig, we see a lot of the world alike.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/K1nXJLRGhSc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ever get tired of dropping and climbing dead pines?
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G6x2gVVurNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Gimmick felling cuts", Jed...not "trick" :D.

I'm not much for whooping over a fell or throwing a top, either...makes it seem like something you were not sure would go well, in fact did.

Me and Stig, we see a lot of the world alike.

I have seen a lot of timber "falling" in my 37 years...and had an awesome time doing it. I am glad that I was taught by bad badass timber fallers, not only how to be fairly proficient at falling timber, but also how to act...I have been blessed :)

Sounds like it man. Any real time spent out in woods work seems like such a rarity these days... at least, in the States.

Several arborists tried to talk some sense in the comments but folks didn't really want to hear it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/E0PHwb_GgD8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm pretty capable with saw, kit, and trees, but I am not an Arborist. You guys awe me with your skills and know-how. That being said, even I saw some serious no-nos in that production.

Whenever I see this guy on YouTube, I'm reminded of a self-promoter.

Maybe someone should teach him the words of Dirty Harry, which are words to live by.

eastwood.jpg

I have learned to love exuberance...unabashed expression of a zest for life. Kids do it naturally...too often we learn to be "cool" or "professional" at the expense of living in the moment...and then the moments are gone.

That's a very good point. I still believe we can improve the overall look of this trade with less carrying on like cowboys on the job site. No, that won't fix the overall image, but it all adds up.

It must be an American thing, I've never known anyone whoop and holler. They'd be thrown to the dogs over here.

Mind you there is that "in the hole!" Thing at golf which grates to european ears.

We have an agreement in my firm.
When we log, we can dress like we want and generally yell and scream and do the victory dance when the trees land where we want them to if that pleases us, because there are no-one around to see it.

When we work in somebody's yard or at the castle grounds, we wear our clean company uniforms and conduct ourselves with dignity.

When I say, agreement, I mean that Richard and I, as owners, agree.
Any employees who disagree, know where the door is.

If I have a very awkward and risky fell on the cards, and it goes and does wxactly what we want, yes, I will have a holler in relief and satisfaction. Like on my back faller thread. What the hell! Ive just saved a hell of a lot of work otherwise rigging down big wood saving alot of time and $$. Why not celebrate hunh?

hahaha...great question.

Hoot and holler for me is generally in a more private session, like Stig...with a paying customer I do maintain a more professional and reserved decorum...stifle the hooting.

There is something to be said for presenting the front of a calm, calculating, in control professional...folks generally do want the person hired to do the dangerous stuff they are afraid of to appear in control.

Right Captain Zero?

Oh, yes Gary. That is a major no no on an emergency scene. Grab ass and unprofessional behavior will get you fired. Even from a volunteer outfit.

You got to be like the duck, calm and collected on the surface and kicking like hell underneath.

My last job the bosses son would blow it. If something went wrong but ended up fine he'd howl "PRAISE THE LORD!!"
Kinda blows your cool demeanor

Back