Tree felling vids

This is how my niece's husband decided to trim out a dead tree...nowhere close to me so I didn't get called in.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/imr-zYV9Gb8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just don't use a scoped rifle for it.
Sure way to join the half moon club.

Don't ask me how I know:(

Doing something with poor technique but self-assured (I had to look up the meaning of aplomb, tbh) sounds like Murphy, and Bob Vila.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jVZkGYKcysA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm a pro logger.
That is how I judge stuff.

To me, slow equals starving kids.

Stupid, I know, but seeing somebody go from one side of the tree to the other so many times just makes me want to scream at him.

I assume we are talking about the last tree?

The dangling from a climb line forever to accomplish what both you and I could have done in spurs in 10 minutes top, was just too ridiculous to discuss.

Yep, that one.

Saw couldn't cut for shit and he was going ring around a rosy around the tree.

I fail to see the skills in that.

That hole" Cutting a little in one side, then cutting a little in the other, think she'll go over, No, then I'll do it again" is lack of skills.

Decide how much of a hinge is needed, set that, cut to other side and repeat.
That is knowing how to fall trees.

Using a blunt saw in a felling vid? You’d never do such a thing would you?

I’m not saying the guy’s a Jedi or anything, but he displays calmness and communicates to the pull guy whilst putting a decent tree on the floor.

I cannot get with the program that criticises this fell for niggling issues.

Using a blunt saw in a felling vid? You’d never do such a thing would you?

I’m not saying the guy’s a Jedi or anything, but he displays calmness and communicates to the pull guy whilst putting a decent tree on the floor.

I cannot get with the program that criticises this fell for niggling issues.

As a residential tree cutter goes, that was reasonable.

Residential work is very little cutting, overall, compared to logging. Different animal, as an industry. Get a pro logger on a residential job, and it will go differently.

My former employee worked for 5 years before working for me...hadn't seen anyone dropping trees near houses...always pieced down small.

Put a standard issue logger in a formal garden to do a zero impact tree removal, or a standard issue residential tree guy in the woods, and you'd have starving kids.

Yep, that one.

Saw couldn't cut for shit and he was going ring around a rosy around the tree.

I fail to see the skills in that.

That hole" Cutting a little in one side, then cutting a little in the other, think she'll go over, No, then I'll do it again" is lack of skills.

Decide how much of a hinge is needed, set that, cut to other side and repeat.
That is knowing how to fall trees.

I think in many cases around here, people are self taught tree fellers since it looks so easy. Then their experience is made up of a history of guessing and trial and error without being able to afford more errors.

After watching Jerry's video series and seeing how pro loggers do it, I see the simple standard procedure, the common guide lines to follow that take out much of the guess work.

I think twice that guy used no stump shot. which could be one ingredient to help ensure much more successful falls.

Sean, you are right about that.
Not many loggers could be put in an ornamental garden and do a good job.

I just happen to be able to do both.

I've taught apprentices for 25 years or so. Makes me used to nit pick and one thing the logger part of me nit picks about is futzing around at the stump.

I call them as I see them.
Doesn't mean I'm right.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eQIqBdpl3f4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We found a squirrel pounded flat into the ground under the maple as we were cleaning it up. No picture though, I wasn't there when it was found.

I couldn't find a squirrel on the tree in the video.

I wanted to post a vid from my phone, don't know how, Dmc suggested a good way before, I think it was texting the vid to my email then post from there but :whine: I can't cipher it.

If it is less than 25 mb you can email it to me and I can post it...or send it to my google drive...I think that is an option when you send gmail.

I'll pm you my email address...worst comes to worst you can send it to my dropbox.

Cory...it's never simple...cannot send PM yet...got this message:

cory has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Back