Tree felling vids

Is it possible that either you or nutball could get a new avatar.

I can't tell you apart.

" The tree sat down on my saw and would not let me pull it out while it fell."
Maybe cutting almost clear through the hinge on the compression side had something to do with that.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZApUqXIHcng" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It gets deeper..

why did he over cut it???

I would have taken them down, but suggested he see if he could find someone insured first because they are risky enough...
Aw, c'mon -- we believe in you! I'm sure you'd have done a fine job on those trees. They must've spent all their money on insurance instead of climbing gear, ropes & PPE.

So, that guy climbed the tree to cut the face way up high, then put the majority of his back cut in...while still tied in to the tree!!!
Then finished his back cut from the ground holding a big ass saw way over his head?
No helmets no ear protection no saw pants, rope tied off to the back of...the station wagon....yeah, real pros, yup right there

They were something to watch. I figured you guys would have something to say about their style. There was a huge twin subwoofer in the back of their car too.

I asked the guy what his plan was being tied in. He said he would have rode it down. And he would have landed beside it just fine, but still I told him it could bounce on top of him!

If I did it, I too would have been concerned how I would cut it. I thought to do test bore cuts because there were huge holes in the stump to 6ft up. If it was bad enough I'd have to find a table or something to stand on to cut it where he did, but the ground isn't flat there. Kind of scary having to run off a table with a big saw once the tree starts going.

So I was told. I asked if it was, and I told him when getting bids to actually get proof of insurance. They didn't bring out their trucks because it was a drop and leave. Insurance was the second reason I filmed it, just in case the maple split back on the house.

I went back today to help cut more firewood, and saw them about to cut down the neighbor's tree:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3ljGztn8Ats" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was at the bar after he got his cut of the job payment. I was more wondering about him backchaining the backcut and the one-handing.

Wasn’t my cup of tea but it worked. Looked like he thought it should’ve went a few times. I cut and walk away on a pull tree. I don’t pussyfoot around cutting more from one side or the other
If I carried, I wouldn’t be all day long. No reason. Then again I don’t have reason to.

Probably no bears or cougars there, Stephen.

Looks like that would have been way worse using a full wrap;). I love back chaining up to my hinge herky jerky. Did he cut that far side off? Couldn't really see. Looked questionable.

That whole dangling from a climb line, no lanyard was so rookie. Woulda been a terrible time for a springboard ;).

Back