Tree felling vids

Doh!

Done.

NutB, I don't have a youtube account.

Gary thanks for your help, embarrassing that I need it, derp.

Have Movavi, will travel. Done. Very smooth pick...good to see some of your work!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T8ZVGi6jDeo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice job, Gary, thanks.

Hopefully I'll be posting soon.

That is the ninja at work with a 55t. He uses one choker and one spider leg on most brushy picks.

Don't seem to be able to embed from my phone. So try this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/chPWARx7C2U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can't watch it, just seeing the sketchy ladder set up in the embed picture

I've heard about a video out there of a guy on a ladder using a polesaw...
It goes badly wrong the branch hits him in the face, apparently another video shows him in hospital with the lower part of his face relocated to behind his ear...

He's using a power pruner. It is nasty. Its on TB

Here's one we did today. Neighbor's poplar...I limbed about 2/3 of the tree to take off some weight and to get rid of the muscadine vines that had it intertwined with nearby trees.

We had a pullrope out into the woods at a 10 o'clock vector from the house...that went to a block out across a creek. That redirected the pull at an 8 0'clock vector thru the woods out to my truck.

Alex put a load balanced block for the 2nd redirect from my truck to his truck so he could pull straight down the road as I cut. He is standing in the bight in the pictures but that's only hand tight...no one there during tensioning.

We strapped the spar and I cut about 3 feet below the binder...had a good thick hinge to hold long enough to get it away from the house.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-XBAQFI163s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks, Burn and Jed. Past times I would have dismantled that since it leaned towards the house...what took us 2 hours today would have been all day with rigging that. It's hanging out with you guys that has made it possible to do such as that.

Sure was easier doing it this way. Bad hot here...would have been a brutal day.

I've heard about a video out there of a guy on a ladder using a polesaw...
It goes badly wrong the branch hits him in the face, apparently another video shows him in hospital with the lower part of his face relocated to behind his ear...

I managed to avoid that vid on social media until I accidentally clicked it, horrific, but shows one of the myriad ways you can hurt yourself very badly.

Nice fell Gary, watch out for that guy standing inside the triangle of the pull line under pressure.

Back