Atkins Diet

If I'm not mistaken some time around the first world war it became a law that white flour had to be enriched . They were serving cheap pasta and white bread to inner city children who became malnutricioned by eating a steady diet of such food stuffs . It would fill them up ,cheap but in the process they were starving to death .

Even through the enrichment process they can't put in exactly the same healthy stuff that mother nature did in whole grains . I personally have not eaten white bread in decades ,don't even like the taste of it .

Flour and sugar are the "White Death", according to Ahnold.:lol:

After several attempts at low-carbing, I decided I just wasn't willing to go without certain fruits and veggies. Carrots, corn, apples etc., and especially orange juice! They are good carbs. I realize that ultra low carbing is a stepping stone to a life long dietary change, once you get to your goal weight, you can reintroduce the good carbs, but I just couldn't give up my OJ. A pint of OJ and a Milkyway candy bar, like crack, or so they tell me.:lol:

You like Milkyway over Snickers....? Some people have no sense. :)

I like fruit juice too. When I'm thirsty and drink a big glass of cold fruit juice, I tell myself I should have gone into the fruit juice business.

No cracks on operating a gay bar :X

Snickers is a last ditch attempt at candy eating happiness. I only like certain nuts in certain forms. I would enjoy an old pizza crust more than a Snickers, way more, come to think of it. I wish I had some pizza crusts now. Dang it, now I'm hungry.

Milkyway is too soft and mild, it's like mixing concrete without adding aggregate. You need the combination of nuts, etc. to allow the chocolate to get properly impacted at the roof of your mouth, to bring the essential lasting taste.

I won't say I've never eaten a Milkyway, only for comparison purposes, though.

You mean you take your Milkyway home to eat...? My Snickers is gone before I'm halfway across the parking lot, can't lose the just delivered freshness, like it was just made that morning.

Milkyway sits on the shelf for who knows how long?

MY 60 lb remark here

i added water - a gallon a day, 3 fruits and 6 veggies, limited process boxed food, cut out high fruitose corn syrup, have chicken and fish, no pasta or breads AND MORE Exercise and it took 18 months to drop 60 lbs. it was one day at a time. BUT the exercise was 20 minutes to 1 hour a day and included, walking or bicycle exercise.

I see that you all, work daily in the trees and your body is use to that MUCH activity, so you have to increase that.

back to my corner

hmm

Last edited:
Hey MB, that's exactly my image, except for the deteriorated muscle mass. It seems my chest sank to my stomach area !:D:D:D 73.5" x 218 lbs. I was wondering what you are trying to loose ?

My oldest son eats chicken w/ no skin . He's works out 6 days a week. So I assume at 5'10" & 245lbs. the chicken must = fat ? He does drink alcohol, but not in excess. :?

I agree with the height and weight proportions MB - sounds yummy to me BUT then I am a gal.

Maybe some crunchs to firm the tummy....

What about eating hours, is that a part of the diet? When I'm getting home late and consequently eating late, with not much time before bed, I tend to put on weight.

I think computers have added to many people's weight problems....nothing physical about it, if you don't count the carpal tunnel problems it causes.

Butch, you do know you're not 20 anymore? Don't be too hard on yourself. Concentrate on what's healthy, makes you feel better, and lets you enjoy life in the process. I won't for a minute agree that these high protein diets are healthy....nor do I think they will work in the long run. just my $0.02

As a casual observer I've never seen any diet whereby you basically change the body chemistry ever work in the long term .

Those so called miracle diets ,high protein etc have been around since the early 70's .Darned few have lost weight being on them ,that stayed off .In addition on a true high protein diet you hardly have a bowel movement at all ,It all gets turned to I think lactic acids or something which is voided via the bladder ,kidneys, liver , You have to really shotgun water on a high protein diet else you could get kidney/liver damage .

Back