Stihl 460 and 660 oiler part numbers

SkwerI

Treehouser
I need some help, haven't had any luck trying to search this forum or through Google.

On the Stihl 460 and 660, there are high output oilers available. On the 460, I believe it's the 'west coast' oiler that comes on the 460 with the full wrap handle.
On the 660, I've been told there are two oiler part numbers and the one from Brazil (or some other S.A. country) is the high output oiler.

I'd like to find and purchase one of each of these oilers. It's for a buddy and there's a fairly substantial wager involved. ;) Any help you guys can provide with part numbers (or even ordering) would be most excellent.
:D

Hang on Brian, they're out in the garage. I'll go get them.

You're right, the 460 full wrap comes with a HO oiler, and the 660 is the Australia version if I'm not mistaken.

Be right back.....

OK correction, and I remember now- the 440 was the one that came with the HO oiler on the full wrap, and it was just the oiler from the 460. The 460 is the 460 and if I'm correct, only has the one oiler.

For the 660, you can either swap the whole pump, or just the piston and bolt, as the housings are the same. Andy (Lakeside as AS) had a thread a year or two ago about how to do it. I've got the piston and bolt that I bought back then to make the swap, but still haven't. I think the piston and bolt were less than $40

660 (AUS):

Pump- 1122 640 3201

Piston- 1122 647 0602

Control Bolt- 1128 647 4802

He may have had one Gary on the 361/460, but I know he had one on upgrading the 660 to the Australian pump too. I bought the parts for it, and actually had my clutch off before having to put it off for another time....I've just never got back to it. :D

Just a question not to derail this thread... Is there the same upgrade for the 066??
I like lots of oil on my 36 bar... just wanna know in case I wanna try it.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The 066 and MS660 are the same saw, Stihl changed the way they named their saws several years back.

Only typical minor year-to-year updates. Just like trying to identify differences between two F150 pickups with the same body style of consecutive years.

At one point Stihl switched over to those awful new gas and oil caps, but that was not the same year they changed the nomenclature.

Stihl at least in my book only lists one pump for the 66 and I assume this would be the 660 also ---1122-640-3205 .Somebody someplace mentioned some parts to be replaced to pep it up a bit but I think it was the site Andy hangs on . It could have been Ed H .I really can't remember .

That's the wrong one, Al. I don't want another standard US oiler. Jeff gave me the number I needed for the 660. I thought there was a HO pump for the 460 as well, maybe something will come up.

I just did this a couple weeks ago on my 660 Brian. The stock is like a .9 cc and the higher output pump is like 1.3 cc. Helped out a lot on the stump cuts.

The question is what is different about it ? Is the slot on the shaft wider,longer maybe .?

It seems that do to my ignorance I didn't fully understand how those things worked . It's just a flat stop on a shaft ,about like the ones used on certain Poulans ,Husqvarnas .

I'd almost bet that whatever it is different it's something simple .I don't have any high volume pumps to compair though .:(

Sure would be nice if it were just a short job with a grinder to alter the pump .

I'll delve into the problem on a 335 Husky which are also well known for wimpy oilers . I would think if it worked on that it might on a Stihl oiler also .

I don't recall exactly Al, but I seem to remember Andy saying that it could be done by modifying the existing parts, but you obviously have to take it apart anyway to get that done, and it would be more of an art to mod it yourself, whereas this will work like it's supposed to from the "factory." For the $30, it' just easier to swap the parts, rather than mod them.

OK correction, and I remember now- the 440 was the one that came with the HO oiler on the full wrap, and it was just the oiler from the 460. The 460 is the 460 and if I'm correct, only has the one oiler.

For the 660, you can either swap the whole pump, or just the piston and bolt, as the housings are the same. Andy (Lakeside as AS) had a thread a year or two ago about how to do it. I've got the piston and bolt that I bought back then to make the swap, but still haven't. I think the piston and bolt were less than $40

660 (AUS):

Pump- 1122 640 3201

Piston- 1122 647 0602

Control Bolt- 1128 647 4802

Jeff, what is involved in opening the housing? If it's something that's not designed to be opened, then I will probably just buy the whole pump.

I just got off the phone with my dealer. $71 for the 660 oiler, which is high but not as expensive as replacing a 36" bar. :roll:

Still trying to locate the 460 HO oiler number again. Somebody had given me the number once before and I wrote it down, but then lost it. I think it is supplied on the west coast MS460 with the full wrap handle.

Like I say Brian, I'm pretty sure the HO option was on the 440, and the 460 only had the one.

Is your dealer any help?

I picked up the 660 oiler today, will put it on my buddy's saw tonight.

The dealer's parts list only showed one oiler for the 460. :(

Back