Stihl 460 and 660 oiler part numbers

While you are at it if you would ,try and see if you can what difference exists between the pumps if possible .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just got finished swapping out the 660 oiler. Most of the time was spent cleaning out gunk, dressing the bar, etc. How many people here were aware thet Stihl oilers have a grease cup on them? The black rubber cap covering the end of the oiler pump shaft had clean grease in it, and the old one was practically dry. Probably not something that has to be greased very often but perhaps once every year or two or when you have the clutch off.

As far as differences, it appeared that the shaft on the new one moved back and forth a tiny bit further. We'll find out next week when Mike gets to put it in some wood. Any difference will be readily noticable when bucking up the big wood.

As far as differences, it appeared that the shaft on the new one moved back and forth a tiny bit further. We'll find out next week when Mike gets to put it in some wood. Any difference will be readily noticable when bucking up the big wood.
Ah so ,perhaps the slot in the shaft is a tad bit longer .That would make sense .

I finally came up with a part number for the 460 high output oiler thanks to someone over on Forestry Forum. I'll check with my dealer today to see if it's a good number.
460 oiler - 1128 640 3250
-or if you want to rebuild the stock one-
Piston - 1128 647 0602
Control bolt - 1128 647 4803

Cool. I ain't been to FF in years. Glad to hear it's still around.

The dealer confirmed that it's a higher output 460 oiler, 1.1mm. Unfortunately it's also very expensive. They quoted me $88 or something. I winced and then told them to go ahead and order it. I hope my buddy Mike appreciates it.

Just one more reason why I run Huskies instead of Stihls. I'll bet that even the high output $88 460 oiler won't pump as much as the stock 372XP oiler. And my new 395XP will drown you if you open it up all the way.

Just one more reason why I run Huskies instead of Stihls. I'll bet that even the high output $88 460 oiler won't pump as much as the stock 372XP oiler. And my new 395XP will drown you if you open it up all the way.
Now that you brought that subject up I might add that the 2100 I have really blows the oil also . It is supposed to be adjustable but as yet I haven't figured it out .Never the less it will blow oil off the end of a 36 " .

I got the 460 oiler today. I haven't put it on Mike's saw yet, but the warning sheet included in the package was very encouraging! It tells me that this oiler can deliver a full tank of oil or more per tank of fuel. :D

That being the case then it would be good idea to enhance the engine a tad bit so it uses more fuel .You certainly don't want to run the chain dry.;)

Bumping a 10 year old thread since I was looking for these part numbers again.

460/461 oiler is 1128 640 3250
660/661 oiler is 1122 640 3201

Yes, I did. Mike ran those saws for years until he quit working with the crew and moved into sales.

Back