200T no one can fix local

Cool, thanks! I'll try that...

Found a pic of it before I added the zip tie

034036.jpg

That's exactly what mine looks like, just the split is on the other side...
Do you think that it explains the terrible idle, then cut out, then not starting for a while?
I've heard 026's can 'pool' some gas on idle then cut out when given throttle again...like a flood situation I guess, but the split is what I came across when I started poking around with the carb.

I have had troubles too with the 200T's carb and his accelerator pump.
I had good success, so I made a tutorial for the french arboriste forum about a repair technique.
But there is a lot of to translate, so I need some more time. Coming soon.

Well, not so soon as I wanted, but now it's ready. I'll open a new thread for it.

That's exactly what mine looks like, just the split is on the other side...
Do you think that it explains the terrible idle, then cut out, then not starting for a while?
I've heard 026's can 'pool' some gas on idle then cut out when given throttle again...like a flood situation I guess, but the split is what I came across when I started poking around with the carb.

That nipple cracking can lead to the symptoms you are having. The saw will run lean at times due to air being taken in. The 026, like any other saw, can pool fuel like you say as well. A slight tweak of the idle, or slight leaning out of the low side should do the trick.

I think that saw C4 Fun has shown might be the 034/036 I had .To tell the trutrh if it is I never paid much attention because I only ran it for a few minutes at a time,several times so it never got hot enough to lean out .

However it seems among my cache of saws I have several leakers so that might be a point to ponder that until now I never gave much thought to .Hmm wonder how I missed that .:? Live and learn .

Read through most of this thread, I had 4 maybe 5 200ts all lasted 2 years before failure one way or another.

2 of my 201s date from 2013 and apart from having to fit the upgrade to the gutless original soon after purchase they’ve been faultless.

An unappreciated classic, for now..

Back