How's the splice today?

• Thread starter Wagnaw
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 179K
I hear ya.
I have them splice my flip line for me at WesSpur. The 5/8th rope finished at 20 feet eye 2 eye is under 100.00 with out the clips. I just move that hardware over from each flip line as I get a new one. So about the same price or less than a cable core. Pretty justifiable. Way cheaper and easy to splice tenex dead eyes though.

I was going through some no longer used gear and put this together for a picture. I may have had a problem in the past? IMG_1604.jpg

I have them splice my flip line for me at WesSpur. The 5/8th rope finished at 20 feet eye 2 eye is under 100.00 with out the clips. I just move that hardware over from each flip line as I get a new one. So about the same price or less than a cable core. Pretty justifiable. Way cheaper and easy to splice tenex dead eyes though.
Sounds expensive. Just got a new cable core lanyard on the way; I think it was in the $40-50 range. They seem to last ~2 years of heavy use. Like you, we just move the hardware over unless it gets damaged.

So the winch i bought had some 7/16 wire core on it, so i worked on making some chokers. Still need to trim the ends and hammer it fair, but it felt good to knock some of the rust off me and the wire :lol: Making some 8 foot ones because i have longer ones already and i want some shorter ones too.

20191013_174603.jpg

20191013_174230.jpg

Looks clean. Nice work!

I need to give splicing a try some time. Better than using knots for everything.

Back