How's the splice today?

• Thread starter Wagnaw
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 179K
This turned up early last Sunday morning in a worn IKEA bag, the black tape marks the damaged parts of the rope, the undamaged section is on the rug.

So less than half left undamaged.

Fruit tree pruning rope!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 116
A man can do a lot worse than have a short climbing rope on hand for the appropriate application :). Nice splicing, btw.

short version of my post in another thread, has anyone had luck splicing 9mm single braid cord? I've been failing the last couple nights in my attempts my first splice... it's a hank of a rope that's been climbed with several times..

just for posterity I called sterling and was told that you can't get their 9mm cord w/ a buried eye splice and don't recommend it. You *can* get it w/ a sewn eye but dont recommend you do it yourself.

hth

Since I couldn't splice the cordage I took the leap and gave it a run at a120' hank of safety blue I just got. It went great! First was a 15' lanyard where I learned the woes of the final bury. That looked ok so I put one on the climb line,. The 2nd took about half an hour and now they're both locked and whipped. Woohoo! 20151212_135733.jpg

This was a coat hanger & picture frame wire fid job. Seemed to work ok for me.

I've been thinking for a while that this might be possible. Today I decided to give it a go. It was as tough as I thought it'd be, but I really like how it turned out...

View attachment 43535

Any guesses as to how I did it?

love
nick

here's a high res version if you prefer that...

View attachment 43536

Did anyone ever figure this one out Nick?

I tried but failed, we gonna need a video, Nick! Please?
I'd really like a few sets of these for rigging! If you would be so kind... 🤔

Dave6390 in WI

A limb balancer I did this afternoon. First one was rusty as I havnt spliced for a while but the second was much smoother. I love splicing, so relaxing.

P_20160103_162536_BF.jpg
IMG_20160103_165623.jpg

Back