Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119
Results 1,181 to 1,183 of 1183

Thread: milling thread

Looks like a free-hand cut on the end to give a reasonably flat surface as a starting point, adjusting the rails on the rest. Is that so?

Currently needing longer rails on my Alaskan, as they are my limiting factor... Trying to decide on a size. Double-ended bars need spur drives, plus another expensive couple of chains, on top of an expensive bar, with eBay having GB, with expensive shipping.

Also, interested in buying a bandsaw mill.

Not being independently wealthy, I'm trying to get by with what I have spent so far.
    I'm wondering about the limitations of the Granberg mini-mill/ edger. IF used vertically, I wonder how accurate it is. I have one, never used it. I don't have the the guide rail. Thinking a piece of harder wood cut to size would suffice. Seems like its about 1/2x 1/2" angle-aluminum with holes drilled in it...potentially available locally as raw 'angle'.

I've rolled my big cedar log 90*, so the flat is vertical. Probably a lot to ask with a 32" or 36".
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Raj View Post
    Milled a black ash burl from Minnesota at my shop today.

Attachment 91444
    How did you set up for the cut?
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

Just used the mill as is, just went slow.

Yes on the free hand cut to rest the guide rails.
    Peter