MS462 is available in PNW

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I ordered 2 for my Fire Department. I think they'll be excellent for that purpose(vs. the 461)

I'll take the opportunity to cut some wood while I'm breaking them in.

I'll base my purchase personally on how they perform.

I talked to the Stihl rep here about a week ago. He has ran them personally side by side with the 461. He says they're just as powerful and lighter. I don't know how much exactly but a pound would make a nice difference.

I have a MS440 as well as a MS461. The MS462 is the same size and weight as the MS440 with comparable power to the MS461. It actually feels more like a ported saw with the instant throttle response.

Attachments

• IMG_0241.JPG
    IMG_0241.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    314.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0243.JPG
    IMG_0243.JPG
    295.6 KB · Views: 44
Brian, the 462 is 0,7 grammes leighter than the 440 was/is.

That is way over a pound.

Still loving mine. I did have to replace one of those stupid quarter turn lockers on the cover already though. Actually broke it the first day. No big deal. My 20” ultra lite bar is starting to get a burr on the tip which is disappointing. I could’ve pinched it a time or two though. I’ve put about five gallons of fuel through it and the air filter is still pure white. Very little dust coming out. Pulls the 28” bar and chain like a 660 does. I’m probably gonna be calling MM to see what gains he’s gotten out of them and price out another one pretty soon.

Back