The Official New Boots Thread

canadiantreeman

TreeHouser
I just picked up a new pair of boots from my arbo-supplier in Calgary. So far so good, but they haven't been up a tree or been beat up for a solid 6 months yet.

http://www.haix-bootstore.com/forestry-boots/protector-light

Really comfy, super light, but probably won't be the best for being on hooks all day as the sole is fairly flexible. I'll keep ya posted.

On a side note, I figured a thread dedicated to new boots and reviews from the feet that fill em ain't such a bad idea.

Yeah... The amount of time an arborist spends on spurs is gonna factor in huge in determining the boots he gets.

I've got $210 Georgia Boots with Gortex and very light Thinsulate. Man, you can camp-out on a pair of spurs if you have to, and they last AT LEAST as long as White's, Westcos, and any other $450.00 boots a guy cld come up with.

Goretex and thinsulate lasting as long as a full leather boot? I'm highly doubtful. I'll put a pair of full leather Vibergs up against any boot for standing in spurs.

I called direct it almost took 2 1/2 months but they are so nice standing in spurs. 6 bengies and worth every penny. I got the 16" lineman boots and LOVE them.

I think I'm going to spring for some Vibergs for the hook work at some point. These will be for the dainty climbing and groundwork.

Good call on Vibergs for the spurs, but your other choice should work well for you. I have a buddy that works in a pair of LaSportive hiking boots that have a kevlar toe and arch shank and are very similar to what you have chosen.

Goretex and thinsulate lasting as long as a full leather boot? I'm highly doubtful. I'll put a pair of full leather Vibergs up against any boot for standing in spurs.

They are solid leather will those other materials on the inside. Ive been climbing in Georgias for about 6 years. The pair Im in now are 2.5 years old and I wear boots from the minute I get up, to when i go to bed, daily. My current pair are due for a new sole but the leather and boot construction are great still.

Back in the day I wore Red Wing linemans boots,lace to toe .I'm not even sure if they make them any more .If they do though they'd be pricely .Good boots but they weighed a ton .

iv got some of those light wieght boots, the started falling apart at the sole after a couple of months. but still a very comfortable boot

The haix in the first post are awesome for spurs work, as they have a plated sole. I've worn haix for years, there is very little to beat them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I spent about 4 hrs on hooks on Fri. Pretty comfy, it was a lot of up and down, tip tying + butt cuts on a lombardy. You all know what its like.

These boots rawk! No break in time, I don't need to wear my orthotics for my fallen arches, as the arch support is great. Comfy to run in, comfy for climbing and they don't seem to rub the bark as badly as some boots I've worn in the past. That said its not 'slippery bark' season.

I'm still in the newlywed stage, but if I can get a year out of these boots, I'm never going back to another brand.

Lace-to-toe Smokejumper, 10 inch upper. Lineman's are heavier than I'd want to wear in a multi-purpose field work boot.

Attachments

• boots 003.jpg
    boots 003.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 128
im in need of new loggers, I'm on the fence between wesco firstormer and white smokejumpers....

They are both great boots. I've owned several pairs of Wescos, only the one White's. I don't really think one is better than the other...sorta a Chevy/Ford/Dodge argument :).

Back