"We're gonna boost morale!!"

sawinredneck

Treehouser
This goes with MB's hardhat thread.

They had a stupidvisor meeting yesterday, they are concerned about low morale amongs employees. Yup, it's bad, I'll have to admit that. So one of the dumbass APM's has come up with a winning idea, and it has been passed.
We, all employee's will now be wearing uniforms, whether they want or not, I choose not to, the shirts are uncomfortable!! NO SHORTS will be allowed anymore (this place is NOT airconditioned exceppt in the main office, and APM's office). And we are going to a uniform hardhat system. Green for trainee's, less than two weeks, orange for less than 90 days, and white for permenant employee's.
Now, I am not the most trim person, I like the jeans I like because they fit, I can move and breather in them, I like my pocket T's for the same reason, I hate tail shirts in the summer, they always chaff me!!!
So the uniforms I refused to get, I now MUST wear, and the hardhat I bought, WITH MY OWN MONEY, and the hardhats others have bought, WITH THEIR OWN MONEY, so we could express some individuality, we can no longer wear.
Yup, I am SOOOO MUCH HAPPIER NOW!!! I wouldn't be supprised to find out one APM is walking funny by the end of the day. My morale is so lifted now, I might just "LIFT" his as well!

sorry man, I get to kit out my employees in my logo gear and buy all their safety stuff except boots... I dont really consider that a morale booster though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now I respect that, you are in the pressence of customers, and on THEIR property at all times. That is representation, and advertisement at once. AND, I am sure you explain that when they are hired on, RIGHT?
I am in a factory, actually four, crawling places you don't want to even think about, and the bosses DO NOT want me anywhere near the customer!

Now I respect that, you are in the pressence of customers, and on THEIR property at all times. That is representation, and advertisement at once. AND, I am sure you explain that when they are hired on, RIGHT?
I am in a factory, actually four, crawling places you don't want to even think about, and the bosses DO NOT want me anywhere near the customer!

yup. hammer on the nail there Andy. :)

It's funny how management will try to solve a morale problem without even bothering to find out the actual cause. What moron thought enforcing a uniform policy would improve morale?

They should make the Canadians wear green hardhats too.;):P

:D

I knew a guy years ago that made a living off of going into businesses & helping them boost morale.
I remember thinking it had to be the diciest, cheesiest way to make a buck that I ever heard of !
But it was amazing to me that a "go-between" could be so effective. The shirts wouldn't listen to the clock punchers, and vice versa. A middleman was just the ticket.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hav seen those companies T, and they can work wonders, when they are allowed to!!
It goes with my job, I have a leash this long ----------------- when my boss is there. But when he is gone, I am expected to run the place?
I can go on, but I think the point is made!!
Now Paul, I assume you were the same as you're emplyee's also? So you probably made it a point to be comfortable, right? Yeah, they have thier own shirts to wear.
I told them I would probably be getting fired from wirte ups for wearing "non conforming uniforms and hard hat" today, it didn't go over well!!!
The "new rule of the day" came out, if we take anything out of the first aid kit, we have to sign it out with our name, what we took, the date and why we took it.
This is because they don't think Cinta's is doing a proper job of re-stocking?
I am thinking the new uniforms will be safety orange with our D O C numbers instead of name tags!!!

The moron that came up with this is most of the problem to start with!!! In his hurry to rush out production he is telling saw operators to yell at the guys loading the saws, "Piss them off, that makes them work harder and faster!" ( I kid you not!)
I don't know where the problem may lie?

I knew a guy years ago that made a living off of going into businesses & helping them boost morale.
I remember thinking it had to be the diciest, cheesiest way to make a buck that I ever heard of !
But it was amazing to me that a "go-between" could be so effective. The shirts wouldn't listen to the clock punchers, and vice versa. A middleman was just the ticket.

I've made a buck or two this way also.

A good compromise in your situation is an optional uniform t-shirt.

Grab the company logo and go to a screen printer and find out how much they would be to make.

Use the cheesey iron-on from a computer printer to make a sample. Go the swinging dick in charge and give him a proposal. Include the price, the employee would buy the shirts themselves just as you buy your t-shirts now. Assure them that the "real" shirts will look much nicer.

Nicely let them know that you are concerned with morale and options also boost morale.

If you do it the right way, it will work. You have to seem like a uniter and not like an insolent bast#$% though.

Fred

I can't see me in a uniform...

I can be on a plane to Mumbai in a business suit one day and in a Tyvek coverall in a grease pit the next. Talk about variety...

It's funny how management will try to solve a morale problem without even bothering to find out the actual cause. What moron thought enforcing a uniform policy would improve morale?

Thi was definatly a "Decision by committe" move.

They do this where I work so no one is ever wrong, nothing ever works, but they all go home with a warm cozy feeling knowing their not to blame.....:|:

I may be wrong, I havent read past blink's post, but I smell committe.

The guy I knew that did mediation came up with the stupidest shit.
Golf packages as incentive.
A turkey at Thanksgiving.
Casual Day.
Jayzuss. I picked the wrong career. Shoulda been a mee-dee-yay-torr !!!

i hate golf unless it's my version.i'll take a hunting or fishing trip though.you could always ship my 4Runner to Tennessee so i could spend the week on the rocks in Tellico or send me to Frankfort Michigan around Sept 13th.

Back