Google Maps Street View

Old Monkey

Treehouser
I am not certain if anyone has mentioned this but and I am not certain how many places have this but in Boise you can now see a moveable 360 degree image of almost any street address. I can scope out customers houses and their front yard trees before I leave the office. I am not certain what I think of it as you can drive past my house in VR and see my work truck and car.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=3314+W+Cherry+Ln,+Boise,+ID+83705,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=image

I am not certain why that link doesn't work but you can do a google search for
2162 S Illinois Ave, Boise Idaho and click on "street view" and see the Catalpa tree I pruned for my Mother in Law with the sun shining through it.

edit: Looks like the link worked.

This is weird stuff.

That is an awfully cheap bid LJ. If that was in Hawaii, it would be at least a $1200 tree plus stump, probably another $250-300.

I wonder how they did that???:/:

You don't suppose somebody is looking in my bedroom window as I type do you? Ooh this is scarey stuff,big brother is watching .If I would have known that I certainly would have not recyled that Budwieser on the side of a big oak tree several minutes ago.Oh,I hope I don't end up on U-tube over that one.:whine:

$600-$800 plus the stump... sounds about right around here unless one of the jacklegs gets a shot at it.

That Street view thing is pretty amazing.

It's hard to tell of course from the picture, but it looks like you might be able to take just a few branches off from the house side and then flop it. It's probably not that simple, though.

That street view is pretty incredible.

Google 360 isn't even a year olde yet and hasn't reached full saturation even of all metropolitan areas; old Boise is one of like 3 dozen lucky places, cuz this is a real cool feature.

I've been using it to look at trees too! We get alot of people calling about trees that "aren't sure" who they belong to. I can actually get the vid up with them on the phone:) We have similar capabilities with the City tax assessing maps, but the google shit is waaaaay better.

It's hard to tell of course from the picture, but it looks like you might be able to take just a few branches off from the house side and then flop it. It's probably not that simple, though...

That's what I was thinking. Using the manly lifter I could probably have it down in under 30 minutes from the time I got there. I walked down the street and looked at it from different angles, there was a couple nugets in the back I figured I might have to piece out, if not, that would save 10 minutes or better.

They capture the pictures with an omni directional camera set up on top of a van. Look down in the picture and you can see all of the van aside from the roof portion blocked by the camera's pedestal.

And Goggle maps still show my neighbor's house as my address. They are 1 off on my whole street.:lol:

No 360* view for Hawaii yet.

Often times if in doubt who's tree belongs to whom you can find out at the local house of property records.Most have a navsat image superimposed over the plat map. Then again it's kind of funny how people seem to take possession of a tree until it's time to pony up some money if it becomes a hazard .:lol:

Thats some freaky chit!

Im building an 18' fence and digging a moat.

BTW OM, your MIL's neighbor has a really nice boat. This makes things a lil too easy for would be criminals. That cottonwood is sitting next to a weird looking house, they need to put an addition where the tree currently sits.

Non of our streets in my town are 'street level'.

Must be in progress. A few years from now and all streets will be mapped

Back