My Dream Dinner

TC3

Headache !
... Would be....
A thick slab Porterhouse butcherd in half after being cooked to Medium Rare. (I couldn't possibly eat more than half).
Spaghetti (9) with garlic, olive oil & capers
Tomatoe basil pesto
Garlic bread
Mashed potatoes with beef gravy
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....................... I'm there !
What's YOUR Dream Dinner ???

I have a confession then :/:. About twice a month the last few months I've been getting alaskan king crab legs and not just like half a dozen. Eat til I'm stuffed. A light salad and as many crab legs as you can eat. Damn I'm spoiled.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
O-M-G !!!
When are we getting t'gether for dinner ???

Lol I dunno what my wife would say about that if I brought a girl I met on the internet home for dinner.:lol:

probably depend on what you served as a side dish....

ha!

my fave dinner;
medium rare, 1.25" thick, about 3/4 pound new york strip or rib eye steak, steamed new potatoes with a bit of butter and garlic, spinach salad with home made dressing (3 parts extra virgin olive oil, 1 part lemon juice, one TBSP dijon mustard, sea salt and black pepper to taste, shookened up in a mason jar), a small glass of crown royal limited with one mineral water ice cube, dessert is one scoop vanilla bean ice cream with a small shortbread cookie.

not the healthiest of meals but with reasonable portions, not the worst either. :) oh, and to make it the best, I want my wifey sitting with me having HER fave dinner, which I couldnt tell you what that is. :D

A repeat of Valentines Day dinner:

Char grilled bacon wrapped filet, new potatoes steamed on the grill, corn on the cob, steamed on the grill then cut off the cob, salad with a loaf of french bread. YUM. I could substitute the new potatoes with mashed and be just as happy!

slow smoked rib roast, grilled asparagus with fresh parmesan, grilled green onions with butter and ceasar salad with real blue cheese. and a fat tire

It all sounds good to me except for the alaskan king crab. Dungeness crab is much better

I never got crab ? Dig away at some carcass & have somebody tell me the grey icky parts are the best ? I'll stick with crab legs. The legs, mang.

I am pretty sure for dungeoness you eat the legs and claws too. the few times I have bought them I have gotten the fishmonger to 'debrain / gut' them right there and then.

Maybe it's Blue Crab I'm thinking of ? No claws hardly a'tall, just a roasted calcium bod. Ugh. No thanks.

Blue shell crab are NASTY. Just a gloop of mush if you ask me...

Moose Tenderloin with Morel mushrooms. Mushroom gravy over mashed potatoes w/chives. Steamed Asparagus with real butter and a pinch of salt. Maybe some nice baked garlic bred with butter, herbs & cheese with the meal. And a quality beverage (single malt scotch) after the meal and before dessert!

And for dessert:
An Apple with core removed & peeled, dipped in lemon juice to keep it from turning brown. Then spiral cut (warmed up) and sprinkled with cinnamon & sugar and lightly drizzled with chocolate sauce. Served with French Vanilla ice cream!

Its simple but very tasty !!!

HC

As far as fish, crab or lobster goes...if its been out of the water for more than 24 hours...I don't want it! Now if its fresh...thats a whole other story!!!

...See post #20!;)

HC

Heh to each their own. I was talking legs and I'll stick with the king. You southerners can keep your dungeon crabs.:P

Fried Chicken, mashed taters, corn on the cob, green beans, with hot corn bread, smothered in butter, then warm apple cobbler, with some ice cream on it.

cioppino base but instead chicken thighs (no seafood). Served with polenta, and chopped cabbage salad.