iTunes

I must be missing something here (which isn't suprising with technology). My wife has a ipod/itunes dealio and it's for music, not contacts? I thought?

mayhap Nick has an Iphone?
apple_iphone_zoom1.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can keep your contacts stored on your iPod, too. But Paul is right...I decided to give it a try. My iPhone is in the mail. I'm trying to get my contacts and music squared away before it gets here.

love
nick

Get your own! Actually, I was a little hesitant to get it because there is a new one coming down the pipeline that will be 3G enabled...

Thanks for the manual, Paul. That's answering some of the questions.

love
nick

My neice has an IPod Nano she got for Christmas & what I've learned is this :
She chose to upload from an Apple, & is now committed to only being able to communicate with Apple computers ???

My neice has an IPod Nano she got for Christmas & what I've learned is this :
She chose to upload from an Apple, & is now committed to only being able to communicate with Apple computers ???

NO!!!!!!! That is wrong!
You just have to "synch" it with another another computer and all the stuff will be uploaded to the computer and everything on the computer will be loaded on the ipod. Like it or not.
Unless someone has a better answer?
But I know that is wrong T!

Get your own!

no thanks, I have my Treo smartphone, its does the job for me and has many capabilities... MP3 player, camera, video, phone, scheduler, database, PDF viewer, opens and uses excel and word files, email, web surfer, bluetooth, IR communication, fax sender, voice memo, world clock, memos, universal remote control, GPS capability, 2 gig memory card, calculator etc etc. :) touchscreen too and a full querty keyboard.

:)

oh, and remote access to my pc at home... www.avvenu.com

you bet Homes! the thing I question, if a device the size of a cell phone can do all those things, WhyTF! is my PC still a big tower unit!

I think part of it is the size. Literally you can buy a full PC computer for the cost of an iPhone!

love
nick

Lol, heh you're snazzed right out. I always go for the free phone.:D

Yah know if you're a good Telus customer you can strong arm them guys a little. My last contract had like six months left on it but my phone crapped out. I got them to just 'restart' my term and give me a free phone or I told 'em otherwise they could stuff it with their crap phones. And they did it.

:D I have been with Telus since '96. When I renewed to get this last phone the guy in the store said wow, your phone is only 99$, normally its like $249 even with a 3 year contract. then I got 3 months free texting and local calling, 5 special numbers (my Faves) that I can call and text unlimited that dont count in my airtime, then after that I called up and got an additional 3 months free airtime just cuz I felt ornery and phoned them and bitched about something odd in my statement. I respect the long term relationship and am glad when it seems to be a mutual thing.

I also love the fact that we have number portability now too. :shifty: its a bit more leverage

The last 3 times I renewed contracts they had no incentives for long time customers. I tried again this year, and they wouldn't give me anything better than what a person off the street would get...so I'm bailing on them!

love
nick

and well you should kimosabe! The cell companies are raking it in, no need to take it on the chin to keep their profits up.

It's amazing the difference in price for mobile service over here. It's so much cheaper, and the options for prepaid simcards are great so you don't have to be tied into a contract if you don't want to.

I'm going to grumble a lot when I come back to the States and have to get a pricey plan.

Leon, I've recently become aware of how much better the rest of the modern world has it when it comes to cell phones and internet technology. They have better phones for cheaper and on faster services. BS man!!!

love
nick

Back