Help with Tenex

Levi

Treehouser
I ordered some 3/8 tenex to do some splicing with and I was surprised to see that it had a core. I thought I knew which splicing instructions to use, but now I'm confused. I checked my spider leg sling I bought, already spliced, that is made from the same cordage and it does not contain this core. Can anyone explain this, what am I missing? Thank you.

tenex.jpg

I think it's still Samson Tenex, but made for sewn eyes. Keeps it round. All the strength is in the outer 12 strands and you can pull the core out and proceed as normal, but I'd definitely call the vendor first.
I could be wrong.
Welcome!

Is there a difference between tenex and tenex tech besides the number of carrier strands? I always call what Treestuff sells as tenex tech, tenex.
And welcome Levi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it's still Samson Tenex, but made for sewn eyes. Keeps it round. All the strength is in the outer 12 strands and you can pull the core out and proceed as normal, but I'd definitely call the vendor first.
I could be wrong.
Welcome!

I thought that this was the case...not that I knew what it was for, but that it was in fact Tenex and the "core" was just for shipping or something. I tried the new email for rope questions at Treestuff and two different people from Samson Rope answered, but never really answered my question. The second response just told me to look at the Class 2 eye splice instructions. I'm pretty sure that tenex is class 1 though. I'll be calling Treestuff today.

Anyway, thank you all for your help and warm welcome.

Welcome Levi. You are a new Levi? Not the same one we already know but who's been mia?

Regardless. Welcome.

Thank you for the correction. And yes I know better but my fingers were not typing what my brain was thinking. That is tenex and not tenex tec. I still don’t get the core but I guess I understand it for Eye to eyes.

I'm pretty sure I'm a new Levi, not in years though... Sorry for the confusion, I just couldn't come up with a clever user name.

Soooo, they sent the wrong rope (you were right treebilly and altissimus). Treestuff said that it's Nerex Red with core.

Didn’t even know that was an option on their site. Of course I have no idea what it is besides not being tenex

Didn’t even know that was an option on their site. Of course I have no idea what it is besides not being tenex

I couldn’t find it on thier site or New England/Teufelberger’s site either. The endless loop splice in the TreestuffU splicing series with Nick Arya is done with nerex.

Back