Business management one-liners

SouthSoundTree-

TreeHouser
Someone here said,

If someone else can do it 80% as well as you can (and it meets the mark in the end--my addition), delegate it.

Squisher just said in another post,

It hard to beat a hot lunch for morale.

I frequently follow and train,
Plan the work,
Work the plan.

Stay out from where you can be crushed.

Whaddya got?

Those things that don't kill you, just make you crippled.

Never do "this". And please don't ask me how I know that.

I shot at it and missed, so I shot at it again and hit it in exactly the same place.

If you don't have anything to do.....don't do it here.

Joel

Which goes with mine.

Pitter patter lets get at 'er.

That's my nice way of saying. Get the f-ck to work. Which is what I resort to if the pitter patter doesn't work. Lol.

Yup. The guy that bought my business instantly ixnayed my no cell phone rule. It was all downhill from there.

I had a cell phone that stayed in the truck and was available to anyone if they had to make a call. Personal cell phones stay in your own truck, not mine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
First Get My Attention, then be Loud, Clear, and Concise.

Its amazing how many people will start talking without addressing someone, first. At preschool, they are teaching that to 3 year olds. No shit.

Butch, isn't that a lot of training for someone who is doing a potentially deadly, very specialized job? ;):|:

Thats BS Sean! All you will have is a room full of people talking AT other people. Crazy!

"Never hire a man who rolls cigarettes, or wears a straw hat". "The bastard'll either be rolling a cigarette or chasing that damned hat".

Dont hire proven morons. The best indicator for future behavior is past behavior.

Oh, I was commenting about talking before addressing someone. Maybe I misunderstood your comment about preschool. Are they teaching them properly or not?

We were taught Mr-Sir, Mrs-Miss. The only ones I called by name were the ones I wanted to beat up.

When they are having Circle Time, during "show and tell" basically, the kids raise a hand, then the kid at center stage calls them by name. The kid who is MC 'calls on' the kid who has something to say.

Dahlia comes up and rubs her finger on Mom's or my arm (sometimes) if we are talking to someone, then waits (sometimes) for our attention.

The kids practice saying another's name and waiting for the kid to respond to them or look, before talking.

One day, one boy walked right up to Dahlia and started talking to her, asking her to play. Very friendly, very polite. Dahlia was off in a magical land in her head, busy being a princess. She had no idea the kid was even there. Had he started with her name, at least, before going into what he wanted to say, she might have heard him. He felt snubbed. She just didn't know she was being addressed.

Back