E-Verify

treesmith

Banned
Not sure if this is where this belongs, but I'll stick it here. I was called last week to submit a bid at a nearby housing authority. I finally got ahold of them Friday, as I had been getting home near dark, and they faithfully run out of the office at 4:00 every afternoon. They want the bid in by 10:00 Thursday, with work to commence ASAP. They require proof of insurance with bid. I get that. They also require E-Verification...I have never heard of such a monstrosity. Is anyone here "E-Verified"? How does it benefit you? Can you still get your hat on with such credentials?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My grandson...and yes, he IS an anchor baby. I pretty well stay near him!

Haha!
E verify is legit, I like the concept but don't use it. If you don't have employees it shouldn't matter though.

I don't have employees, but they are requiring that I be E-Verified even to submit a bid. As long as folks line up to jump through their hoops, they'll keep coming up with more hoops....

Rob, it is easy peasy. It is a matter of entering your information in the system. Very user friendly, no big deal at all.

Sounds like a bunch a run around BS. I'd ask them for financial statements to see if they qualify to receive a bid.

Haha! I like it!
E verify is just a way to make sure you don't have illegal aliens working for you.

Perhaps not...but it's more than I am willing to do at this time. I don't care to register my business with the dept. of homeland stupidity. One has only to look at my job to know I don't hire illegals. And like Justin said, I should have asked them to prove they were bid-worthy. I'm betting that wouldn't sit too well with their high-and-mighty attitude.

That is pretty funny, trust me you are already registered. The information you put in is all government issued.

If they have money, and trust me they, they are bid worthy. Question is, do you want the business? For me, it is very lucrative and the simple process of entering data is worth it.

It's more of a principle issue for him, which I understand and agree with. Depending on the job, I may or may not do it.

At some point you have to draw a line, it's an easy argument to say it should have been done long ago.

If you don't have a legal business, paying business taxes, no worries, you would not qualify to bid. Exactly the the type of business they are trying to weed out. They are trying to give legal companies the opportunity to bid on an even playing field.

Back