Payment by credit cards

treelooker

Treehouser
In the past, I've spurned solicitations to get enabled to get paid with plastic, but a big insurance company prefers to pay via MasterCard. I prefer not to wait 2+ weeks for $X,XXX.XX so I'm asking: What's the best way to set this up?

Something like Square. People will chime in. I'm interested to hear. I haven't taken a CC payment in years. I used Paypal before. Swiping is easier. Don't know about remote entering card numbers and such. All considerations.

We don't do bank transfers like Europeans.

I've been using Square for a few years now. No problems. I like it because there is no commitment, free swiper that plugs to the iPhone. Money is in my account with in 2 days. Not sure what fees are in the states but for me in Canada its 2.75 if I swipe a card and 3.25 if I manually enter a card. You can send invoices now as well from your square account and clients get sent a link to pay.

Moving money here is retarded Mick. We still use checks. As in pull out a piece of paper, here is a note from my mommy that says I have money.....

In Germany, we just transferred for all types of payment.

On the note of payments, I would add that residential tree work is a B2C gig and as such is inherently more transaction oriented vs B2B which is more relationship oriented. Simply put, you transactions need to be smooth.

I have seen tree and lawn guys using online payments. That way you never have to meet or talk.

Speaking of online....
Check out the core values..... http://erbertlawns.com/about-us/

No checks here, so bank transfers are common like night and day. You can also send secured insured cash through the post office up to a number of thousands, but of course a fee to do it. Nobody sticks up postmen. The bank also charges to send a transfer. Checks don't seem retarded, more like convenient.

Yep, square is super easy. We switched to PayPal as a cc processor to accept online payments from our website, and it's been a breeze as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T537A using Tapatalk

Yep....Square is easy set up and works well.

I also have Flint...I think the rate may be a little less with it...have not used Flint yet but use Square every month.

Square is I think 2.5% if the card swipes. If you have to type the card in, it is 3.5%
I also use Paypal. 3% last I checked. Very convenient to invoice my out of town clients and have them PayPal the money. Most of my CC pays are out of towners with vacation homes. Sure speeds up the payment. Some still insist snail mail. Then I just enclose a self addressed stamped envelope. Also helps speed things up.

I used to use square to good effect but switched to a local processor that keeps me up to standards on security. We run lots of cards anymore

Moving money here is retarded Mick. We still use checks. As in pull out a piece of paper, here is a note from my mommy that says I have money.....

In Germany, we just transferred for all types of payment.

On the note of payments, I would add that residential tree work is a B2C gig and as such is inherently more transaction oriented vs B2B which is more relationship oriented. Simply put, you transactions need to be smooth.

I have seen tree and lawn guys using online payments. That way you never have to meet or talk.

Speaking of online....
Check out the core values..... http://erbertlawns.com/about-us/

Ha! A check also says mommy doesn't trust them to carry their money around with them....

(Also...the note from mommy doesn't GUARANTEE that they have money.... I had two checks bounce last year.)

I've been using Square for a few years now. No problems. I like it because there is no commitment, free swiper that plugs to the iPhone. Money is in my account with in 2 days. Not sure what fees are in the states but for me in Canada its 2.75 if I swipe a card and 3.25 if I manually enter a card. You can send invoices now as well from your square account and clients get sent a link to pay.

Is that the one you can buy from Lowes for $10??

Ha! A check also says mommy doesn't trust them to carry their money around with them....

(Also...the note from mommy doesn't GUARANTEE that they have money.... I had two checks bounce last year.)

Which doesn't happen with a bank transfer.
You guys need to get with the times.
100% of my bills are paid that way ingoing and outgoing.

Something like Square. People will chime in. I'm interested to hear. I haven't taken a CC payment in years. I used Paypal before. Swiping is easier. Don't know about remote entering card numbers and such. All considerations.

We don't do bank transfers like Europeans.

Sure we do, bank transfers are no big deal. At least I can't think of a reason they would be.

Maybe fees, V. I know that online transfers can be free, or no charge up to a certain number per month. Don't they charge you if you do the transfer at the bank?

I get charged 33,3 cents per transfer.
I can live with that.

Which doesn't happen with a bank transfer.
You guys need to get with the times.
100% of my bills are paid that way ingoing and outgoing.

I'm with the times. I use cash! Works EVERY TIME!

We were at a Mexican restaurant a while back. Standing in line to pay, they were having computer issues. Two patrons in front of us were using debit cards. The guy apologized and said it would take a few minutes to restart the computer. I asked if I could pay and leave, handed him exact change and walked out.

I ALWAYS use cash when travelling.
Got stuck in Spain once with a dead credit card, that won't happen again.
But bank transfers you make from home, it is a whole 'nother deal than credit cards.

We use Square. About 5 customers per year use it. We charge a 3% processing fee to dissuade people from using it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back