Working in neighbors yard, permission/signed paper?

BOTS

TreeHouser
Ive got a uprooted tree in neighbors yard to buck up, but want to make sure they dont try to pull something, you never know these days if they get weird and try to say you damaged something.

what you peeps have them sign?

Pictures and walk them through showing any prior issues then get them to sign stating they know about the issues.

...you could draft a simple release , both parties sign and dated. A legal document for the cost of a Bic pen. Ten minutes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
...you could draft a simple release , both parties sign and dated. A legal document for the cost of a Bic pen. Ten minutes.

im thinking that would work and I have a Bic pen to boot!

Im just leary about some neighbors, so sue happy these days

I would love to print out something if someone has release form....would be nice to keep these in truck and ready to go...

specify some expectations of impact and restoration, including by whom, and on whom'ses dime.

just want a signed paper saying Im not responsible and got permission to be in there yard...not HO's but mean old neighbors..lol

There was a case years ago that a tree service had verbal ok to be in neighbors yard but after got a court date to appear....they said they didnt tell em they could be there.

Signed papers win in court

In my next of the woods if a tree falls over the property line of the neighbor your job ends at the property line. I get both parties to sign off on my standard work order, one order per property.

In my next of the woods if a tree falls over the property line of the neighbor your job ends at the property line. I get both parties to sign off on my standard work order, one order per property.

:thumbup::thumbup:

That's how it works here as well. Even when the original property owner is doing the right thing and paying for it all I still get written consent to cross over the line.

Only had that once, tree fell onto neighbouring property, crushed one section of 3ft high chain link fence, cut and cleaned up to fence line and left the rest, $100 repair and was going to put it through insurance despite PO of tree was willing to pay all costs including fence repair.

Ever had anyone shout at you for stepping on their property when doing tree work next door, I mean one little foot? Very trying on your self control.

I once had to reset-up my the bucket truck because the outrigger was touching the asshole neighbor's property.

Big deal... I moved it 2 feet over...

Yah, feuding neighbours always amazed me. I would have a real hard time living right beside someone I hated. Lots of people do though.

I had a guy tell me about how all his nieghbors were assholes while I was giving an estimate. After seeing what he wanted done I explained that it was beyond my capability and referred him to the competition.;)

Had a good one yesterday, we pruned a large Grevillea Robusta for a lovely old Korean lady who was being systematically bullied by her neighbors into having the tree removed. The neighbors built a new shiny pool with a fancy greco style water feature under the tree and I imagine they are peeved at the twigs and typical tree mess etc. The neighbors had bullied her into having the tree trimmed (entirely at her expense) and then wanted to be present in order to direct work that was never quoted (they basically wanted it scalped to the fence). I felt quite sorry for my client- the husband neighbor had called her mobile whilst the wife had come over and insisted to be in their yard and observe and direct our job.

At this point I was unaware of who the lady was, she approached me and asked if there was problem to which I replied (assuming she was a friend of my client) "Yes, the neighbors are a problem" she then replied "I am the neighbor" and she wasn't impressed. It didn't bother me and I advised her that they were bullying my client and that we will perform our job based on standards ensuring the welfare of the tree. After that she departed. I still feel really sorry for my client to have been put in this position. To me the neighbors are simply hyenas that saw an opportunity to have some tree work done for free.... needless to say we did zero cleanup on their side of the fence.

If it was me I would have informed the police about the bullying as it is one thing to build a pool under a tree but then force, the neighbours into pruning it because of leaf material dropping into it is crazy and then trying to direct the work. I do feel very sorry for the Korean lady.

Yeah I told her she needs to ask them to leave her alone and then after that take some formal action for harassment. These neighbors are trying to make a big case about "safety". Joe claims a branch fell off the tree and hit him in the head, I call plain BS...

Back