Telemarketers calling cell phone

Tarzan

TreeHouser
I am sick of these maggots. My only phone is my iphone, for personal and business. Registered with the do not call registry, but still get some. Just sucks when your in the middle of something, and they call. I block them on my iphone, but still happens at least a few times a day. I guess I can understand why some folks roll with a business and a personal number, but I would rather avoid. Ideas?

If I don't recognize the exchange number or area code I don't answer. Sometimes I'll answer and go through most of their act and then just hang up on them and if they call back I have them add me to their do not call list. If they wanna waste my time I'll waste theirs, but that happens when I wanna vent.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just sucks that it takes the time to do. I do like messing with them when I have the time, just seems I don't have it.

Yeah, usually I look at my phone, and if it is out of state, I ignore, it just seems these maggots call at the worst time, like right when I am getting ready to weld something.

Been doing that but they just keep coming. It seems like there would be an app to recognize and screen these calls. I would love to have one to leave a witty message, and block them.

What sucks for me is I get a lot of out of state calls for Ropetek so have to answer them. So frustrating hurriedly fishing your phone out to hear some prerecorded bullshit. Lately though I have been getting calls from our area code, not sure how they do that??

So frustrating hurriedly fishing your phone out to hear some prerecorded bullshit.

Exactly why I started this thread. I would love to annoy those maggots, as much as they annoy me.

Timbertramp told me he had a strange thing happen that he could explain better but I'll give it a shot.

He got a call form an unknown #.

answered and heard what sounded like a fax machine

A few minutes later his wife gets a call from his # supposedly (they are both sitting at home together and he did not call her)

We suspect some sort of program grabbed his address book from his phone and made more calls under his name somehow.

In CA at least you can ask a caller to put you on their "do not call list". (This is in addition to the national list.) And if they continue to call you they are supposed to be subject to a big fine. My Mom likes to complain about the calls and tells me why she forgets to do it etc.. I politely ask each caller to put me on their do not call list.

My Mom continues to get lots of unwanted calls, I get very few.

I do that too, it just sucks to have to waste your time with the dirty, rotten, culls.

One of the bennies of not being a bidness man, by god :)

I had a good one the other day went like this:
Me:" hello?"
Guy:" hi this is so and so from Jaydee cleaners"
Me:" ok.."
Guy:" (shouting in the phone!) 20 percent off of everything in the store, everything everything everything everything...!"
Me: click!

I actually laughed pretty good on that one. He shouted and got his point across before I could even hang up on him

Back