Lets See your Facebook Page!

I don't it useful for generating new work. I find it useful for maintaining a presence and reminding existing customers that we exist. Sort of like "yoohoo, don't forget about the fact that you own trees and I'm your preferred company".

Things might change but I wouldn't have a business Facebook page, but I'm ok for work ATM.
There was a row between two Brit tree surgery companies out here about one criticizing the others methods on his FB page.
Got pretty nasty.

I've had a competitor cock off with underhanded digs on my page. I just edited it off of there and laughed. He's been in business 18 years, works 9-2 each day for a gross of $5-600 bucks, and if you sold all of his equipment for top dollar, you'd get $6-7000 realistically. I'm not saying I'm doing anything special in the industry, but when I surpassed his business by my late 20's, he got short with me and kind of snide when he gets the chance. Again, I'm not saying I set any records, but I opted to try harder and do a little better then his slacking mentality and I guess he looks down on me for it.

I don't it useful for generating new work. I find it useful for maintaining a presence and reminding existing customers that we exist. Sort of like "yoohoo, don't forget about the fact that you own trees and I'm your preferred company".
Pretty much how I see it. I try to keep up for friends and existing customers but I know of several customers who have find me and hired me because of our page. One customer was totally out of the blue. Others were friends of our fans.

Lost a big ol post :dur:

Facebook isn't an end all deal, it's one of many parts of a marketing plan. It's free, why not take advantage of it! I've had people that haven't liked the page tell me they seen certain things that I've only put on fb so I know many fb users "stalk" before hiring us.
I had a friend tell me when I started in business to think of the business as a table and marketing as the legs. The more legs, the more stable. Fb is one of the legs on my table. You should revisit each leg often to see how you can improve them.
Heck, I have one major client that I've scheduled work through fb a couple times now

I have mixed emotions on the customer review end of Facebook pages. I got a bad rating/review from some young kid I've never heard of in my life. No connection to him. Joe Schmoe doesn't know its just a random punk being a jerk that I've never done work for. Someone can see that poor rating and believe it to be completely legit.

Can I just start a page with say, Tree felling, Angouleme? Do people search FB for business's like they would Google?

Lost a big ol post :dur:

Facebook isn't an end all deal, it's one of many parts of a marketing plan. It's free, why not take advantage of it! I've had people that haven't liked the page tell me they seen certain things that I've only put on fb so I know many fb users "stalk" before hiring us.
I had a friend tell me when I started in business to think of the business as a table and marketing as the legs. The more legs, the more stable. Fb is one of the legs on my table. You should revisit each leg often to see how you can improve them.
Heck, I have one major client that I've scheduled work through fb a couple times now

Hate to burst your bubble, but as anyone who has used a tripod ladder or three legged milking stool will tell you, the optimum number of legs for maximum stability is three. :lol:

I have a business FB page, but to be honest it doesn't generate much business. However, from my personal FB page I have subscribed to about a dozen of these yardsale pages, barter pages, buy/sell/trade pages, etc. About once a month I will go to each page and post a picture similar to my avatar picture and write a brief ad. I always include phrases such as "free estimates", "insured", "specializing in tricky removals", etc. I have received such great responses from this that for the time being that is my only source of advertising. I was advertising in newspapers and radio ads, but the response from FB is so much greater than both of those methods put together, and it's FREE. Some of these pages don't allow business ads so read the rules first. Anyway, hope this helps someone out there.

It's another shingle you hang out. It brings together people with things in common with common questions, solutions and sharing of things they think is interesting. Larger group of likes minded people

Invite your friends once or share your posts on your personal page. I get turned off by invites to pages that hold no interest to me as well so I rarely do it unless I think someone may enjoy it

Back