Anyone advertise with yelp?

Bighotpastrami

Chief Wood Chucker
I've been talking to a sales guy with Yelp, I'm thinking about buying an advertising package. Has anyone used it and how did it work out?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The salesman lead with "well, how much work can you handle?" At that point I almost hung up. I hate salesman. Even though I sell people tree jobs everyday. But I don't do that high pressure crap. You take the estimate or not.

But I contacted one tree company in NJ and he said he gets a lot of leads from it. We will see.

I "use" it in the sense of looking for deals in our area. There is one high end eating establishment that offers a heck of a deal that we take advantage of. At this point, I try to stay away from advertising, we are just so busy. Just curious what are the rates compared to print in your area?

I was using Yodle for internet marketing. I was getting business from it, but not enough to justify the extra $400 a month. I figured that IF the business, who pays the advertising, is clearing 20 percent profit, that I'd have to generate $8000 in Yodle business monthly to break even. Seems like I'd want double, or sumthin', that to make it worthwhile to do all that extra work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I "use" it in the sense of looking for deals in our area. There is one high end eating establishment that offers a heck of a deal that we take advantage of. At this point, I try to stay away from advertising, we are just so busy. Just curious what are the rates compared to print in your area?

Haven't even looked at print rates. My usual advertising is flyers, but I'm looking for more efficient means of getting the word out. Direct mailing is another option.

Back