Angies List?

We get a referral from it every once in a while. Yelp is way better for us.

We don't pay for advertising on Angie's list. It's just reviews left by past clients.

love
nick

My first Angie's review was a scathing review from a crazy lady. Since then, I never seem to get biz from Angie's list. Imagine that.

love
nick

Just got lucky an had a new AL customer give the Okay for hourly work, no bid needed.

We have a great review on AL and don't pay for advertising.

Nick, I believe you can easily contest a crazy lady review.

For free advertising, I like it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We get a referral from it every once in a while. Yelp is way better for us.

We don't pay for advertising on Angie's list. It's just reviews left by past clients.

love
nick

Great feedback. Exactly what I needed to hear. That's sort of what I was told recently by someone out of the business (yet he is a top dog in the telecom/IT industry, Im talking TOP dog). I guess I didn't want to believe he knew what he was talking about.

Anyone want to give the short Treehouse version of what yelp is?

Angie's List customers pay to be a member and businesses are free. If a customer finds you on AL and you work for them they leave reviews for other AL members to see and share. I think the good thing about AL is that the client based income is on the upper scale according to AL I have a friend who swears by it. He said it is how he gets the majority of his customers for his Landscaping business.

Free Google Page.

People google us or tree services in our area... We come up.. Simple. And obviously, the more hits....

We just had a prospective client go with us as "we looked like we enjoy our work" and "look like we work safe" on our Facebook

We pay about 1,000 per month. Seems to work. Get alot of good reviews but there are some people you cannot please no matter what you do.

IN this small town, we don't need to pay any big bucks for advertising or a web page.

Google places is free and you post up your business there. If some one uses a key word you supply to it eg. Tree Service... You will pop up for your area you service.
Facebook has become our web site... also free.

Google Places

Just set up a Google Account

We also use Google Voice. That may be going away. I would gladly pay for it though. Long distance is free in US>
I post our Google Voice Number for the business and it rings my house and cell phone or another phone I may want it to forward to. It also leaves a message in my e mail. Transcribes messages (not always that accurate, but decipherable).
In a small town, we do not need much advertising let alone expensive advertising.
No I don't get shat loads of need you now emergency calls. But I do get them on rep from time to time. I m booked 1/2 way through June currently with more calls on my board to do quotes for.

Anyone want to give the short Treehouse version of what yelp is?

You go to a restaurant. You love their French fries. You go to yelp.com punch in the restaurants name, type up a review and give it 5 stars.

Now let's say I come to visit town and I am hungry and I pull up to eat and there's Bobs French Fry Emporium right next to Larry's Liver House. I can go on yelp and see all the reviews people have left behind.

That's yelp.

love
nick

In LA, everyone uses yelp for everything. Looking for a doctor? Dinner? Drywaller? Dog walker? Dry cleaner?

It's all in yelp.

Hey do a test for me: do a search on yelp. Search "arborist" in Los Angeles and tell me if we come up in the top 5 or not...

But don't type TreeCareLA. Just arborist.

love
nick

Back