PDA

View Full Version : Invoice2go and other programs

Husabud
01-11-2014, 03:23 PM
I have been running Invoice2go for a couple yrs now and didn't realize that it is a major PITA to convert to Quick Books. Does anybody that uses this have an easier way? I am all for streamlined and until now my wife has been handling this mess. This isn't really my game.

squisher
01-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Lol. My wife does the books. But I still just use a pad and handwrite invoices for on the job. Or else it's mailed/e-mailed from simply.

treewhisperer
01-11-2014, 03:27 PM
I hear ya, i hate the books. Necessary evil! I used Express Accounts. It's free for the first 5 employees and can easily migrate to other programs.

rangerdanger
01-11-2014, 04:10 PM
Been using Quicksale for all our invoices. I can design a custom sheet with it with a background and everything. Even has a way to customer can sign the estimate if needed. Can't really transfer them to quick books but it usually takes me less then two minutes to retype and enter the invoice in quick books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

NickfromWI
01-13-2014, 02:40 PM
I hear ya, i hate the books. Necessary evil!

Not necessarily. We do our invoicing in Jobber and all the rest of the accounting is done through Wave Accounting. Wave is a free online accounting software. It works ok, not great...but I never thought Quickbooks was all that great...they are both mediocre, but one is free.

Wave does our payroll, too (that part is not free)

Jobber has an add-on that syncs it with Quickbooks. I'm not sure how it works or how well it works. I get the accounting info from importing my bank statements. All the estimating and invoicing for clients is done in Jobber.

mardenm
01-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Husabud,

I don't use or know Invoice2go. Best bet would be to look for an 'Export' option in your software. It is often somewhere in the 'File' menu. Many programs like these will export to Excel format. Then look for an 'Import' option in Quick Books (actually, you may want to start here and see which 'import' options are available so you know what 'export' options you want to look for).

Nick,
A word of caution that 'Free' isn't always free. if a new and incompatible version of Windows comes out, or whoever wrote your freeware software stops supporting it, you will be screwed. Or you will be stuck running this on an old computer forever. Quick Books might seem expensive compared to free, but at least you know it will be supported. just something to think about so you won't get 'stuck' at some point in the future.

Michael

NickfromWI
01-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Michael- in this case free DOES mean free. The program is web-based so I just need a web browser open and I'm good to go. I can open it on mac, windows, iPhone, anywhere there's a browser.

Jobber
03-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Hey guys, awesome to hear your using Jobber Nick and thanks for the shoutout.

Jobber does have integration with QuickBooks and works best with QuickBooks Online.

Not here to try and pitch you guys, but here if you guys have any questions. I would be happy to answer them.

-Landen from Jobber

Husabud
03-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Hey Landen, welcome to The Treehouse! Obviously this is not necessarily a site dedicated to what you do, but stick around, you might learn something.
What can you tell me about Jobber? I have not yet looked into it, but will. As you may have read above, I use invoice to go and it has really streamlined my business, until tax season comes around. It is essentially useless at that point. I contacted them to see if there was a way to upload my files and was told No. After I said that that was unacceptable considering I had just dropped nearly $300 into their company, they offered a refund and said good luck. Nothing like trying to keep a customer happy, huh? What can you do for me?

MasterBlaster
03-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Welcome to the TreeHouse, Landen!

Jobber
03-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome MasterBlaster and Husabud.

Well, Jobber can do a lot of things. For actual features, I would recommend doing a quick 1on1 call with one of our support guys. They can show you specifically how it could help you instead of you just reading a list of features on your own. If you have any specific questions I can help.

For when you do accounting, we do sync with QuickBooks to push your invoices and clients.

For the basic details about Jobber, its 39$ a month, no contract. QuickBooks add-on is an extra 9$ a month. We have a 30 day free trial where you can use all the add-ons and try everything out.
Support by either email, phone or live chat is always free.

Anything else you would like to know just ask.

FJR
03-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Is there an ipad application for Jobber that allows you to create proposals while meeting on site with a client? Customization even?

I really feel like there is a lot of money to be made if a company could streamline accounting, customer database, and proposal/ invoices for our industry. Arborgold is the closest but they are still a ways away.

Jobber
03-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Yes. We hear a lot of stories of our users creating a proposal and sending it to their client while they are still standing there with them. They get a buzz in their pocket with the email and are really impressed to see you being soo organized and quick.

We do have a mobile version of the site that work best on tablets and smartphones. We have a full time developer working on improving it everyday as well as native apps for iOS and Android in the future.

It is quite a land grab right now. New software companies are popping up everyday making the same promises as the last one, hope to become the best one. I suggest people make their decisions based on the customer support that they get, since it is easy to claim your software is free but never be able to help your customers.

-Landen from Jobber

FJR
03-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Thanks for taking the time to answer so quickly, Jobber sounds promising and on the right track. I agree that customer support is critical.

NickfromWI
03-05-2014, 10:26 PM
I do want to point out that the mobile version of Jobber is tedious/annoying to use. I never use it. And, they've been saying "the app will be here in a few months" for a year now. To me, a few months means 3-4 months.

I think that's my biggest gripe about Jobber. It seems obvious to me that the people that want jobber would want it so that they could be mobile. Yet it isn't optimized for the mobile life.

I love jobber. There's nothing better, but it has huge room for improvement before I could say I'm a raving can.

love
nick

MasterBlaster
03-05-2014, 10:31 PM
You raving can!!!

;-}

Husabud
03-05-2014, 11:08 PM
If it's not iPad-mobile than I won't waste my time or my $40/ month. For the trouble, at least Invoice to go is free until you decide to upgrade.

NickfromWI
03-05-2014, 11:58 PM
To be clear, you can totally use it on the iPad. I do it all day. But it's not as streamlined as it should be.

love
nick

sotc
03-06-2014, 12:06 AM
I don't use quick books, I send everything out to a bookkeeper so that part of I2G doesn't matter to me. I will say the support at I2G is next to useless. The fact that you can talk to someone at Jobber is a huge benefit. We have to email a question and get an automated reply saying we will be contacted. That's worse than have to press 1 for this and 2 for that

NickfromWI
03-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Yep- it's cool that jobber registered and is part of this conversation. In fact- often during the day I can just do the online chat and will often get the answer instantly.

A few times they've called me and put me in a conference call with a few of their programmers to help fix glitches in the system.

That's good customer service! Now they need to make an iOS app.

love
nick

Jobber
03-06-2014, 10:53 AM
We are growing and always making changes. For support, we just hired a new full time person to help with the live chat and support emails, so for the last few weeks there is a good chance you talked to Justine if you were on chat. We also do weekly google hangouts with whoever wants to join, and webinars to do training each week.

As for mobile, we do still have a lot of people using it on an iPad/iPhone out in the field, and there is not much that you cant do on the tablet version. And since it is a web app, you can switch to the desktop view on your iPad so it is the exact same as it would be on a desktop. But you are absolutely right, it is not streamlined for the mobile experience.

Jobber is currently more suited for having someone like an office manager use it, to send out their crews into the field. As we build the mobile out it will be more suited for the solo owner/operator.

In the beginning of February we hired Sean, our new full time developer, and starting in March he is solely working on mobile and native apps. We are just as anxious as anyone to have an iOS and Android app.

-Landen from Jobber

NickfromWI
03-06-2014, 04:23 PM
... there is not much that you cant do on the tablet version.

...Jobber is currently more suited for having someone like an office manager use it, to send out their crews into the field.

When creating a quote, you have to scroll through the whole list of items to select the one you want. It can be tedious to find. In the tablet interface you can start spelling the item name and it pops right up. This feature alone makes the entire mobile interface worthless for me. It wastes my time scrolling and searching.

It seems by simply making a good mobile interface or apps (preferably apps!!) you can instantly make jobber more awesome for more people.

I can't wait to see what you come up with.

love
nick

Jobber
03-06-2014, 04:44 PM
That is one of the first things that Sean is going to work on actually, we know that is a big problem, especially if they have a lot of products and services.

There are a few things like that he is going to work on before the native apps, to improve the mobile interface.

We are hoping to start testing the native apps internally here pretty soon.

Old Monkey
03-08-2014, 09:28 PM
This is weird. I updated my iPad and lost my database program, Bento, which I loved. I've been searching for something to export my customer database into. My wife found jobber online and now it's being discussed here. Bento was so easy to use and change around, it will be missed. I am hopeful Jobber, plus a mobile printer will streamline my business. If it works, $39 a month is not expensive. Arborgold seems stupid expensive and I'd like to give my money to someone else. I think it's all their damned ads on my Facebook page or their color scheme that makes me hate them.

ClimbMIT
03-09-2014, 11:03 AM
I have original ipad. I am interested in Jobber as well. I may upgrade to a newer version of ipad since this thing crashes a good bit and has a ton of photos, music, etc. I noticed recently how much time I spend on creating bids, appointments, sending e-mails, pictures, etc.., So if Jobber can make their system function better and keep it monthly I am likely to go for it.

August Hunicke
03-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Wow! You guys are very organized. My record keeping is hieroglyphics compared to the stuff your'e talking about here.

Jobber
03-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Thanks guys! Thats awesome that you guys are going to check Jobber out.

If anyone wants some help becoming an expert at using Jobber to get the most out of it, you can do a demo with one of us here anytime. Or just call in, Tweet at us, message us on Facebook or of course post here.

Hopefully we can help make your system and administration stuff more streamlined.

-Landen

NickfromWI
03-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Landen can I be an app tester? I'm excited to get off the web based version!

love
nick

Jobber
03-10-2014, 02:22 PM
I will have to check with the developers on that Nick. I am not sure what their plans are for testing just yet, but I will pass the idea along to them.

Once we have done some internal testing it would be awesome to have additional testers so thanks for offering. I will let you know when I have more information.

-Landen

matdand
03-10-2014, 07:55 PM
I have a suggestion for a new feature that would go well with batch visit editing.

Let's say I have 3 weeks of work lined up on monday-friday ( most of my work are one-time deals, no weekly tasks). If a storm hits on Sunday, I might have to cancel Mondays job for emergency work. After I get that done, I want to reschedule my Monday job but I obviously don't want to make my client wait another three weeks.

Sooooo, it would be cool if I could reschedule ALL my jobs by delaying them one day. So monday would be on tuesday, tuesday on wednesday, wednesday on thursday, etc.

Not sure how doable this is, but I have to bump clients all the time for different reasons ( storms, emergencies, priority jobs, etc.). This makes medium-long term scheduling a challenge for me. Just a thought!

ClimbMIT
03-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Landen can I be an app tester? I'm excited to get off the web based version!

love
nick
:thumbup:

sotc
03-10-2014, 11:33 PM
I have a suggestion for a new feature that would go well with batch visit editing.

Let's say I have 3 weeks of work lined up on monday-friday ( most of my work are one-time deals, no weekly tasks). If a storm hits on Sunday, I might have to cancel Mondays job for emergency work. After I get that done, I want to reschedule my Monday job but I obviously don't want to make my client wait another three weeks.

Sooooo, it would be cool if I could reschedule ALL my jobs by delaying them one day. So monday would be on tuesday, tuesday on wednesday, wednesday on thursday, etc.

Not sure how doable this is, but I have to bump clients all the time for different reasons ( storms, emergencies, priority jobs, etc.). This makes medium-long term scheduling a challenge for me. Just a thought!

Google calendar allows you to drag and drop

Jobber
03-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Hey Mat, thanks for the feedback. That is something that we have talked about doing but it is not that easy to implement unfortunately. It totally makes sense why you would need something like that, the challenge is more just how to code it to work intuitively and not become a pain to use.

We have been looking at other calendars for how they do it, but its hard to find one that does it like you described, so it may not be just us that is not sure how to properly implement it.

-Landen

matdand
03-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Well I know nothing about programming, but this is how I would see it:

You could have a calendar where you could choose a block of dates and then have a box where you could decide how many days you want to bump your jobs. This way,if I have three weeks of work, I could choose all of my Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursday's and bump one day, then choose all like my Friday's and bump them three days.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

matdand
03-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Well I know nothing about programming, but this is how I would see it:

You could have a calendar where you could choose a block of dates and then have a box where you could decide how many days you want to bump your jobs. This way,if I have three weeks of work, I could choose all of my Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursday's and bump one day, then choose all like my Friday's and bump them three days.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Jobber
03-11-2014, 12:02 PM
We do have something like that in place but not to the scale that you are talking about. Currently with Jobber, if weather is a problem one day, you can move all visits for jobs from 1 day to another.

So you could move all of the visits from jobs on a Monday to a Tuesday or Friday, and its assuming that you will be able to catch up. You currently can not select multiple days to batch move them. It is also just for job visits, not for tasks or events.

Hope that can help. The issues with being able to do that for an entire week or something, is moving them can cause you to be double booked for the next week. Unless you bump every visit you have scheduled in the future. So we will keep working on ways to improve it and take what you were saying into consideration.

-Landen

NickfromWI
03-11-2014, 01:01 PM
What a luxury to just move all appts. Our clients would have a fit if we just had to move 5 days worth. The one day a year it rains here, we have to squeeze them in the next few days or bump them to the end after all our current appts.

Luckily we literally have had only one rain day in the past 2 years!!!

love
nick

matdand
03-11-2014, 01:56 PM
I've actually put a delay clause on my estimates for a few reasons. One is obviously the weather but I also have municipal contracts that say that we must do the work in a certain time frame(usually a few days).

lumberjack
03-16-2014, 12:57 PM
I started my Jobber 30 day trial today... I'm optimistic! So far its straight forward and easy to use. We'll see how it can grow and adapt.

If no one else is claiming it, here is my referral link for Jobber. If you decide to try Jobber, go through this link and I'll get some credit! http://getjobber.com/?thank=rutherford_contracting

Jobber
03-17-2014, 09:58 AM
Hey thats awesome lumberjack! We always have people available here to work with you 1on1 and do a screen share or answer any questions over the phone/live chat if you need it. They can show you the in and outs of Jobber and help make sure you can use it most effectively. But it is pretty straight forward anyways.

Our goal is actually that people use Jobber as little as possible. Because that means that you are getting all of your admin stuff done faster so you can spend more time doing other things.

Also, I noticed a few people have the sponsor tag under there name. What do I have to do to get one of those?

-Landen

lumberjack
03-18-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm excited about the possibilities of Jobber streamlining the "business" part of my work.

To be a sponsor, you give money to the forum via the "Donate" at the top or bottom of any page on the forum.

Is possible to change the default to "Adding a Team Reminder" when you schedule a task? My plan is to use those to remind me for bid appointments and the like. I realize I can sync with my calendar, but I don't currently use the calendar on my phone for much/it's not in my nature to check it. An email catches my attention. I will look more into the Calendar on my phone and a way to add it to my work flow.

I added various equipment as team members to add to jobs. I rarely schedule work in advance, but if I get default team reminders set up, I'll be getting an email for my excavator as well as myself. Is there a better way to assign equipment to a job? If not, is there a possibility to remove the email requirement for team members?

Thanks!

lumberjack
03-18-2014, 08:33 AM
Who's jealous of my Jobber app?! :/:

Jobber
03-18-2014, 11:16 AM
Awesome! Im excited that we can help.

Ahh great thanks, I will get setup as a sponsor today then.

I will look more into the workflow you are describing and ask around. If I can find the best solution I will get back to you. If you are interested, you could hop on a 1on1 screen share with someone here and they can help you make the best of it. Those things might be something I could submit as a feature request and see what the developers think of the idea.

Man, I cannot wait until that is a real native app. If anyone wants to know how he did that, we have a simple guide to doing that on the blog.
http://blog.getjobber.com/2013/12/adding-jobber-icon-phone/

-Landen

lumberjack
03-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Man, ruin my secrets!

Jobber
03-18-2014, 04:15 PM
Oops sorry :(

About the questions you had before, right now there is no default to adding a team member when you schedule a task. If you are the only user, then any task will automatically be be assigned to you. And email reminders are currently only for jobs and not tasks. That is something I will pass along since it would make sense that you have the option to make it work that way.

That is an interesting way in doing that for equipment, I have never thought of that. What you can use for that would be the notes section to say which equipment you will need to bring for that job/visit. The other option is to not notify everyone on the job.

Most people use the calendar syncing to keep track of their schedule.

-Landen

Husabud
03-18-2014, 07:16 PM
Is see Carls point. If I have two jobs next week and both need the excavator for a day, then that needs to be handled. As well as which employees would be on each crew. One screw up of overlapping days, and you could be out thousands. Obviously, the amount of variables can be mind blowing, but it seems you are on the right track. I will be looking into Jobber with some of tomorrow's time.
Thanks.

NickfromWI
03-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Carl text me if you want a hand getting jobber hooked up to your iphone calendar. It works so smooth. I get half my jobber information from the calendar

love
nick

lumberjack
03-18-2014, 10:13 PM
Oops sorry :(

About the questions you had before, right now there is no default to adding a team member when you schedule a task. If you are the only user, then any task will automatically be be assigned to you. And email reminders are currently only for jobs and not tasks. That is something I will pass along since it would make sense that you have the option to make it work that way.

That is an interesting way in doing that for equipment, I have never thought of that. What you can use for that would be the notes section to say which equipment you will need to bring for that job/visit. The other option is to not notify everyone on the job.

Most people use the calendar syncing to keep track of their schedule.

-Landen

Haha I'll live!

What I want is where the check box is that says set team reminder, to default to setting a team reminder at a default time. I want the email to come in and remind me of the bid. The Email icon shows the number of unread messages, so even if I don't see the email come in, I see the unread status on my home screen. I'm wanting to omit the requirement to click "Team Reminder" and setting the time every time. I would like for both to be an adjustable default setting.

Regarding the equipment... On some jobs I'm thinking I'm going to split out the mobilization of the equipment. Mob the equipment in, do the job, mob the equipment out. For scheduling, treating the equipment as a calendar place holder could be beneficial. An example is a job I'm currently working on, tearing down a house. The first day I brought the excavator in, today I brought the track loader, and tomorrow I wrap the job. Both machines come "home", then the excavator goes out Thursday in the dump trailer. We will also need the wheel loader, which another truck will bring. On the multiple day/multiple equipment jobs the mobilization will likely become a separate line item on the quote.

I'm checking into the calendar, although I am looking for something that requires my attention, even if I don't see it when it goes off/comes in.

Jobber
03-19-2014, 12:58 PM
I understand what you mean. I believe the developers have talked about doing something like that. I will ask them and see what they say. Most people are getting their reminders through Google Calendar, but that is something that could be added.

Once you are setup with the Jobber calendar being pushed to Google Calendar, you will be able to get email and alerts on your phone about events that have been put into Google Calendar. Anytime I have something on my Google Calendar, I set it to send me an email 10-20 minutes before so that will get my attention and I will not miss it.

For equipment, here is a way you could do it. The Job is tearing down the house and you will be there for 3 days. You can create 3 visits inside that job, one for each day. When you plan each visit, you can assign different people and you can also add a description for each visit. In that description you could put the equipment needed to bring. If you are assigning it to someone else, they will also be able to see what they need to bring for the visit.

We do have plans for doing a better job with equipment and inventory tracking in the future.

-Landen

lumberjack
03-21-2014, 08:47 AM
I have another question. I know I can email Broc or open a dialog or etc, but I figure this way multiple people can see the response and perhaps prevent a future conversation.

So I have a customer that we did a $2400 job for. He paid $800 down, the rest is due on completion. On his profile, it says his balance is $2400, however if I open the invoice, it says he's made an $800 down payment and the balance is $1600. This puts my receivables $800 off, what's the fix? Also, is there a way to record the check number on multiple payments on the same balance (i.e. the check number of the down payment)?

Thanks!

Jobber
03-21-2014, 12:47 PM
So how the deposit works depends on if you mark the deposit on the invoice or the job/quote.

In most cases, people are taking the deposit on the job after winning the quote. In that case, Jobber will prompt you to add that deposit to the billing history, and this is done before the invoice is created at the start of the job. Thats the most common workflow since that way the deposit will be transferred from the job, to the invoice when you go to create the invoice.

If you add the deposit to the invoice, then it is not added to the billing history automatically since you only added it to the invoice and not the job. That is something that I will mention to the devs though. The invoice that you send will still be correct, but an invoice is generally something that is pending, so once the invoice is paid, then it is recorded in the billing history and so will that deposit. You can also go and manually add that deposit to the billing history, but that might have to be done in the tablet view and not the mobile view.

So in essence, enter the deposit first, before you do the invoice, and the deposit will show up in the billing history and be carried over to the invoice when you go to create the invoice.

Let me know if that does not make sense.

-Landen

lumberjack
03-21-2014, 10:15 PM
That makes sense. The job was guaranteed via credit card, check was sent via snail mail from the west coast. The job was done before I got the down payment (check).

I opened the client, recorded an $800 payment for the 19th. That corrected receivables. The invoice still shows $2400, but when you open it, it says $1600. Still playing with it.

Jobber
03-24-2014, 10:14 AM
That makes sense. With the invoice showing #2400, that might be a graphical bug that I will submit to the developers so that it will show the correct number.

-Landen

lumberjack
03-25-2014, 07:04 AM
BTW, Jobber having an online presence is a wonderful thing! Sure we can call/email Jobber, but the forum is a more laid back, informal, friendly kind of thing.

I am sure it will wear off over time, but the newness of Jobber for me makes bids/invoicing fun. Especially when they have email and I type out the bid and email it to them while we are still talking! I do mention what I'm doing so they don't think I'm texting while talking to them!

MasterBlaster
03-25-2014, 08:02 AM
:thumbup:

Jobber
03-25-2014, 10:32 AM
Thanks! I have been trying to make being in the forums and various communities more of a focus for us. We used to be in the forums but we sounded too professional, now I try and keep it more laid back and friendly.

I also find it odd that no other companies are trying to connect with people on the forums. It's the best way to directly talk to you guys.

Hah! Thats awesome. Maybe it will not stay fun forever, but as long as it is not a pain thats good. The faster you get with Jobber and the less you have to use it the better.

We hear of a lot of people doing that, sending the quote right in from of them and we always hear that it impresses the customer. As long as they don't think you are ignoring them.

-Landen

lumberjack
03-25-2014, 11:02 AM
I was typing a quote for stump grinding while talking to the customer. [Minor Hero Moment]He asked if I was texting, and right as I said no and explained, his phone dinged with the email of the quote coming in. [/Minor Hero Moment].

I think if I get an iPad with mobile data, it would look better to the customer than some kid (I'm 27) pecking away at his phone while carrying on a conversation without eye contact.

Another something that would be helpful for me on the quotes front would be the option to switch a quote to an estimate on the page. My default is set to give quotes, which is what I normally do, fixed bids for a given parameter of work. However, given my diversity of work, I commonly have jobs that are sold hourly. Like yesterday I submitted a $14k hourly estimate on a job. In the notes I listed that it was an estimate, but a little check box to alter the default setting would be nice.

Also, it would be nice to have the option to move the notes up to the body area of the quote to keep the signature line on the same page.

Another thing that I will likely add is an exclusions/qualifier/disclaimer page. Our old contracts had this wordage:

"All work is to be done on property located at the above address. Signatures below give Rutherford Contracting LLC (RC) and its employees permission to access the property and perform the described work. Signatures also certify that the scope of work is on property owned by you and/or the work is within your rights to have performed. RC is not responsible for damage done to unknown septic systems, irrigation systems, underground wiring, unstable soil, etc. RC is not responsible for future settling of backfilled areas."

However a second page with places to initial/sign would likely be better on this new, cleaner outline. The page could be generated on another program, but a way to integrate it with Jobber would be snazzy. Another idea would be to have default notes that populate the body are of the quote for given services. For example excavator mowing is <3-4" material in hardwoods, <4-5" in softwoods. Or for stump grinding/excavation, that we are not responsible for unmarked/unknown underground utilities.

Jobber
03-25-2014, 12:11 PM
Thats awesome! iPad would definitely be a good choice since Jobber works really well on that. You can switch views if you need to easier and our designer has started working on a responsive design for tablets.

We actually just pushed out a new update to the PDF template designer that is for quotes, invoices and jobs. In there you can change the Quote to say Estimate. Now this is for changing the template, and not on each individual quote. So if you keep changing back and forth you would have to keep changing the template back and forth each time.

You can see everything that the new designer can do here: https://learn.getjobber.com/hc/en-us/articles/201427410-Customizable-PDF-Templates

As for the signature line and notes at the bottom. The signature gets pushed to the next page because it makes sense that you would want them to read all of your terms and conditions before signing. So if you were to remove some text from those paragraphs, you could have it show all on one page. Some people have a lot of text in their terms, so it take up a full second page and the signature follows.

One thing you could do, is uncheck the show signature in the template designer, and at the top of your terms put : Signature________________ with a bunch of underlines so it shows up on top. There is a limit to how much you can fit before it goes to a second page though. I am going to figure out that number and add it to the documentation.

Another new addition is that you can now have custom fields show up on your PDF's made by the template designer. You might want to check that out and see if that will work for you. Sometime in the future we do want to make it so that you can send attachments/notes/images along with quotes when they get emailed.

-Landen

lumberjack
04-04-2014, 06:25 PM
I have an iPad Air on the way with mobile internet.

An awesome thing happened this week... After I finished this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbOPcCp1q-Y) job, on the drive back to the trailer to load up, I pulled out my phone, closed the job, and sent the invoice before I hit the ramps on the trailer. I thought that was neat.

More standardly, on the job (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5J80l78xH8) I did before that, the customer was standing there when I was done. I opened the side window and was chatting with him. He asked if I would send a bill (used to be a big pain), I told him I was sending it as we talked. His check was in my POB two days later.

lumberjack
04-04-2014, 11:54 PM
One more suggestion... I'm thinking of starting to use the expense tracking feature. I added it, it would be nice if there was a link in the Quick Create/Create button on the tablet/phone interface.

Jobber
04-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Thats awesome. We have been hearing of that more and more. We have one guy who we keep in contact with and he tells everyone how at the end of each day, he grabs his scotch, takes 5 minutes to send all his invoices for the day and he's done.

Being able to invoice people when you have just done a great job and it is fresh in the customers mind makes it soo much easier to reduce the chance of a late payment. Thats wicked to hear that it worked for you.

Thats a good point about the expenses on mobile. Ill pass it along to our mobile dev Sean. Thanks!

-Landen

NickfromWI
04-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Landen- maybe you can help. I have a small list of major gripes I have with jobber. Some are things that are basically never gonna happen and I have to just learn to deal with (like an iOS app)

However, I have one that I cannot believe you guys haven't fixed yet- even though I know you've known about it for many months now and I have been told was going to be fixed promptly. I'll explain-

So j just spent 20 minutes creating an estimate with 10-15 line items. Because typing in the phone on your tablet interface is tedious, and there's no iphone app to smooth the process, I zoom in to see what I'm typing. No big deal. Except while navigating the page, I swiped to scoot the page over so I could see the text box to the left, but instead of moving the page it went BACK .... DELETING THE WHOLE FN QUOTE!!!

Now even on this lovely website we are both viewing right now if you hit the back button, a little box pops up warning you that you'll lose your changes if you actually go back.

Can you light a fire over there to make that happen in jobber? This isn't a once a month problem. My wife and I text eachother whenever it happens to either of us and we know it happens on average 1.5x/wk for EACH of use. I've literally lost hours and hours of work over the last year with jobber.

And I know you have a mobile interface. I don't like it 1 bit. So that's not the solution.

love
nick

NickfromWI
04-14-2014, 01:53 PM
IT JUUUUUST HAPPENED AGAINNNN!!!! Arghhhhh!!!!!

love
nick

Jobber
04-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Hey Nick. I totally understand where you are coming from. I have done that myself on other sites where I accidentally swipe form left to right and I go back to the last page, loosing what I was doing.

I did not know about this, so I am going to email your post to our mobile guy and our CTO. Totally makes sense to have a notice asking if you are sure you want to leave the page when you are in the middle of entering into text fields.

As a side note, we have our Android app in a private beta and a few of our users are testing it right now. We have 2 developers on mobile so iOS is to follow soon after. I still have you mind for when we start beta testing the iOS app.

Even though you have probably mentioned this to someone here before, thanks for bringing it up again. I will do what I can to get a fix on that since its an important usability part of using Jobber.

I will let you know what happens.

-Landen

Jobber
04-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Hey Nick, got a small update for you while we still look into it.

Turns out they did add a prompt before leaving the page a few months ago, and it works on all devices, except for iOS. We just tested it on Android and it prompts you before going back, but on iOS it is not. It seems that Apple changed how it works right after we did it. They are looking into what we can do since those changes done by Apple.

Right now, if you fill in description on line items that were there when you opened the quote, they will stay there if you go back and then forward again. But new line items that you add are being lost when swiping back.
They are looking into if they can add back the prompt with the changes Apple made or if there is anything else we can do.

-Landen

lumberjack
04-14-2014, 02:36 PM
You have used Jobber a lot more than I, Nick... what don't you like about the mobile interface for creating quotes?

I bought a iPad with mobile data just for using Jobber while I was on the phone with the customer.

NickfromWI
04-15-2014, 11:49 AM
The basic gist is that it's hokey and not ready for the major leagues. Example: 54643

Why is that text all cluttered up?

There are other more substantial issues that make the mobile interface sucky for me.

When selecting line items while creating a quote you have to scroll to the item. I've got 50 items or so on the list. If I want to do INJECT- I have to scroll scroll scroll scroll to find it and hope I don't pass it because then I have to scroll back up. Just let me spell it. I don't have the time or patience to be scrolling all day.

The other major gripe- for the life of me I can't figure out how to see the calendar. I can't tell what I have to do 2 weeks ago. I've got to think that I'm just using it wrong. Maybe Landen can show me what I'm doing wrong, but regardless I hate scrolling anyway so even if I COULD see the calendar, I wouldn't bother with the mobile interface.

The tablet interface is better but not great. Looking forward to the ios app that should be out by 2016

love
nick

Jobber
04-15-2014, 12:18 PM
I'll submit that messed up text as a bug and try to get it to happen on my phone. The calendar is something that does need a lot of work on the mobile interface.

I do have another update though since we just had our meeting. We are awaiting our certificate from Apple to be able to push to the app store. Sounds like we will be testing the iOS app in the office over the next week, and they have made some updates to the calendar in the native app. It was something that we started thinking about a couple months ago and working on making it better. Actual release date to everyone we don't know, but we are making progress.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong, its just that it does need a lot of work. We instead decided to focus on the native apps, since more people will use them instead of the mobile site. I don't know if we can open it up to beta testers just yet, but if we can I will post here first.

-Landen

lumberjack
04-15-2014, 12:34 PM
That text does the same for me. It's a glitch, but it doesn't bother me all that much.

For list of services, I have mine arranged alphabetically, ~25 services so far, although I need to work on that. With them alphabetically listed, I have no issue scrolling to what I'm looking for.

To move side to side, stay in the middle third or so of the screen, outside of that goes back/foward on the browser.

The calendar I don't use, but I could certainly see how it would be an important asset.

NickfromWI
04-15-2014, 03:52 PM
To move side to side, stay in the middle third or so of the screen, outside of that goes back/foward on the browser.

Well derrrr. But the difference is quite subtle. Also- it can happen accidently when you just look away for a second AND the on screen safari back button is RIGHT next to the add item button. So regardless of the swiping thing it happens just by pressing the button accidently.

love
nick

Jobber
04-22-2014, 04:33 PM
We have had a bunch of updates over the mont of april and a big one just this last weekend.

We now have integration with Xero Accounting! It is similar to QuickBooks Online and we have quite a few people ask if we would eventually have integration with Xero.

Not sure if anyone here uses Xero and Jobber but if you do you might want to check out the blog post: http://blog.getjobber.com/2014/04/april-feature-update-xero-integration-beta/

And about mobile apps, offline capability is being worked on a lot trying to get it working well. Still waiting for our provisioning certificate from Apple so we can start testing the iOS app.

-Landen

lumberjack
06-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Is there a way to batch print job sheets?

Next week I have 20 stump grinding jobs to do for example. If there was a way to earmark those jobs and arrange them in a list in the program, that would be ideal, but batch printing the jobs and arranging them in order would also work. I would rather not have to open each job and print individually.

matdand
06-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Invoices too. Batch printing a month of invoices would be nice!

Jobber
06-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Is there a way to batch print job sheets?

Next week I have 20 stump grinding jobs to do for example. If there was a way to earmark those jobs and arrange them in a list in the program, that would be ideal, but batch printing the jobs and arranging them in order would also work. I would rather not have to open each job and print individually.

You probably already know about Day Sheets but they will work for printing out all the jobs for a day. You can also just go to the Jobs tab and print that page. Jobber knows to format it a bit but that is one area where I would like to see it be a bit better.

Batch printing for jobs is a very interesting idea. I will see what the devs think about that.

matdand, you can batch invoice and choose to either send them by email or print them: https://learn.getjobber.com/hc/en-us/articles/200648875-Billing-Invoicing#batch_invoicing

You just email yourself the two pdfs, one with the mailing list labels and the other with all of the invoices that you can print.

-Landen

sotc
06-09-2014, 11:12 PM
Any progress on the app?

lumberjack
06-09-2014, 11:44 PM
Yep, batch invoicing is already there. Lemme know what they say about batch printing work orders!

Jobber
06-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Mentioned the batch printing work orders to a few people, we will see what happens. Product roadmap is pretty packed already for the next 6 months.

You could also use the Map View in the calendar section, there you can drag and drop jobs and put them in order. If the jobs are set to anytime today instead of a set time they will show up there. Then you can order them as you want and just check them off as you go.

App is still being worked on. Trying to make the Calendar be very powerful so you don't need to sync with another Calendar. I saw a screenshot of it last week and its looking good but they wouldn't let me share it here just yet :(

It is also being worked to be mobile first. That means that you can choose to only use the app from the very beginning. From signup, getting you setting setup and so on.

-Landen

lumberjack
08-14-2014, 09:31 AM
I've thought of a couple more things:

The ability to "check off" parts of jobs so it takes that line item's price off the work to do's balance. In saying that, I realize it could complicate it, like where would that amount go? Perhaps a new column. The idea is if you have a $14k job on the books, and everything is done but a $300 line item, you only have $300 of work to do, not $14k.

When an email fails on a quote or invoice, automatically make that a task that shows up on the dashboard. Nothing like finding out that quote you sent near two weeks ago wasn't received and they went with someone else.

The ability to pull up a list of jobs that used a particular service or product. As things evolve I may change the name of a service or integrate it with something else. For the purposes of tracking income by service, the ability to pull up the jobs using them for editing would be handy.

Still liking Jobber a great deal. It makes things way more organized and looking up how much you did of whatever product is easy.

Jobber
08-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Always love to here that it helps you be more organized!

Also sorry for the late reply. I had written something up and thought it sent I must have messed something up and closed the tab or something.

Normally we don't have people doing jobs that are that big and require checking parts of a job off as you go, but that is an interesting idea.

The email failing notification is a good idea. I wonder what we could do with that to make it less likely for a followup to fall through the cracks.

The reporting I think is being worked on a bit more right now. Not sure if it is exactly that, but I see how that would be useful.

We are going to be doing a lot of work on getting more customer feedback and collecting it in a way so that we can act on it better. Then we want to prioritize certain workflows and improve them.

We are going to start doing a lot more surveys and phone interviews, so if you are interested in being apart of the future changes I would love to talk to you or anyone else. I also want to start crediting those who help us out in the change-log and new release blog posts.

You can email me directly at landenc@gmail.com or call me at 1 888 721 1115 Ext 114. My direct line is in my signature as well.

NickfromWI
09-13-2014, 01:02 PM
Jobber- I'm totally with lumberjack on this one. You DO have people doing larger jobs that require checking off. I would LOVE that feature. It's common for us to do a job with ten line items. If our crew could check off as they go, it would make verifying job completion WAY easier.

lumberjack
09-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Don't sound so surprised, Nick! :lol:

What's the proper work flow for writing up a time and materials estimate, getting the job, then updating the job daily with the work produced? I don't want to lose the original quote/job, but I need to keep track of what's what. Starting a new job/quote works, but that's messy.

Jobber
09-15-2014, 03:52 PM
I am pushing for that and have mentioned it to Forrest. There are a number of things that I want to see to expand the scheduling options for job creation.

We kinda have the groundwork there for it, I think it mainly needs per visit line items before for it to work properly.

Lumberjack for that workflow I think that is also where per visit lines items would come in. I think you might also be able to use the archived quote to go off of so you don't lose the original.

-Landen

NickfromWI
09-15-2014, 05:05 PM
Ok- that's it....I'm making an official jobber thread! Seems wrong to have to go to the invoice2go thread to talk about jobber :)

love
nick

Husabud
09-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Invoice to go sucks! I tried to get on board with jobber, but didn't have the time to get it moving and lost all I put into it. I'm fed up with this shit now.

sotc
09-15-2014, 11:16 PM
I loved I2G till it got laggy.

NickfromWI
09-16-2014, 12:44 AM
Husabud what do you mean you didn't have time to get it moving? I think I had mine set up in an hour. And it just keeps getting better and better with time.

love
nick

Husabud
09-16-2014, 05:32 AM
Willie, if I2G had any support at all and worked with other programs it would be the only thing I'd use.

Nick, it will happen, just not today.

sotc
09-16-2014, 09:08 AM
I agree with that, support sucks

lumberjack
09-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Another issue I'm running into is when you resend an invoice, it removes the first read date from the invoice. That could be an issue if things end up in small claims court. At the least it weakens my "evidence."

Case in point, we did a job mid July, he was supposed to pay at least $600 in early August, the balance in full by mid September. He sent nothing in August and I resent the invoice on 9/11. On 9/11 he sent $500 and an excuse, saying he would pay $500/month until it was paid off ($1545 is past due).

GrappleYarder
09-16-2014, 02:42 PM
I cc a copy to myself on all sent invoices. Keeps an additional record of activity.

Jobber
09-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Another issue I'm running into is when you resend an invoice, it removes the first read date from the invoice. That could be an issue if things end up in small claims court. At the least it weakens my "evidence."

I asked around about this. Are you talking about the email communication report under the Management tab? https://secure.getjobber.com/reports/email_communications

When you re-send an invoice, it will make a separate entry for each time you send it. So in the report there will be the invoice that you sent in July/August. You will be able to find it and show that he opened it. Might have to export it into Excel to find the right one.

Also we have logs of email sent and opened times in our own secure database so if you ever need something for legal reasons to prove that they got the invoice just ask and we will help.

-Landen