Website review

802climber

TreeHouser
I'm finished with my web site for now... http://www.carrtree.com

Would like to get some constructive criticism.

I made it 100% from scratch and have been tweaking it for months.

I know it's kind of wordy, but I don't mind narrowing down my incoming calls a bit...I'm not trying to attract customers looking to hire a big fancy service with new equipment, or customers looking to hire a budget/hack service..

Looks good.
Neat idea with the mushroom inoculations. You might want to put in a picture of a stump or log sprouting schrooms.

I think it looks good.
Bio bar oil and mushrooms are a neat marketing idea as well.

I would lose the pic of you and your chip truck, and replace it with a family pic.

Just saying, you asked.

Nice job on this. I see your in Brattleboro also that's quite a range. By that I assume you have a partner near there? Hope to meet someday I hail from Mt. Snow area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks a lot guys for the great replies. I wish I had so many replies from customers.

Looks good.
Neat idea with the mushroom inoculations. You might want to put in a picture of a stump or log sprouting schrooms.
Yep, got it from my wife. She even made me a list of what shrooms to use on what species of wood. Yeah I want get some pics eventually, I just have a thing about using stock/stolen photos.

Initial glance looks good.
Have you tried BranchSaver, from Allgear, if I recall correctly. I've used Cobra, seems like Branchsaver is simpler and cheaper http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=1065. Welcome to the House!
Thanks, I am glad you posted this. Yeah it would definitely be simpler and cheaper. What I am waiting on with the cobra, is selling enough systems to justify buying a case. I only have 2 sold (in one tree) and I think they require the cobra 4t because I am trying to preventatively support large diameter stems in a codom. silver maple w/ very included crotch. So it's 575 bones for a case of 5 systems. Seems hard to make much money off such an expensive product. I have very limited experience with speccing out cabling, but wouldn't the shock-absorbing and self-adjusting functions of the cobra be nice for the application I mentioned?

I don't think it's too wordy. Looks good. Congrats
Thanks I am honored.

I would lose the pic of you and your chip truck, and replace it with a family pic. Just saying, you asked.
Yep, or at least some more professional looking pics. 8) All in good time. I don't know how much the family pic would help, even if we did cover all our ink, our kids so far are a pitbull and blue heeler.

Nice job on this. I see your in Brattleboro also that's quite a range. By that I assume you have a partner near there? Hope to meet someday I hail from Mt. Snow area.
You assume correctly. Yeah, it scares me to look at my own "service area" but I really do the most advertising close to home.

I am pretty nit picky about these kind of things. I am impressed...someone did a fine job with the verbal presentation...grammar, spelling et al is FAR beyond what you see on most self done sites...many pro sites have errors.

My first quick read of all your pages could not find anything wrong...commas, apostrophes and periods are all there. Someone paid attention in English and writing classes.

Your content is very good...sorry I didn't find anything to grouse about...I'll look closer later.

I just got a first draft of our new one from our advertising guy today.

www.skoventreprenøren.dk

Go ahead and check the grammar and spelling Gary.

This is a first draft, we'll put more text and a few pictures in later.

http://skoventreprenoeren.dk/beskaering/

What in the wide world of sports is going on in that bottom pic??

P1010740.jpg

Have you never heard of :"Cutting off the branch you are sitting on."?

Hard to tell from the picture, but the branch is spiderrigged to keep it horizontal . There is a roof just under the edge of the picture. No acces for either crane or bucket.

No dropzone either. It was between a 50% slope leading down to a bog and the house.

We pieced that sucker out in itty bitty pieces.
Good part is we made a shitload of money on that job. Pulled it off a whole day faster than I had priced it.:)

This shows it a bit better:
P1010742.JPG

I am pretty nit picky about these kind of things. I am impressed...someone did a fine job with the verbal presentation...grammar, spelling et al is FAR beyond what you see on most self done sites...many pro sites have errors.

My first quick read of all your pages could not find anything wrong...commas, apostrophes and periods are all there. Someone paid attention in English and writing classes.

Your content is very good...sorry I didn't find anything to grouse about...I'll look closer later.

Thank you sir, I appreciate that. I am pretty fussy myself, and I have fussed over this site. But I can't take credit for paying attention in class, it was my wife. You are reading like the 75th edition.

My personal favorite is high dollar sites where their web guy spells arboriculture wrong throughout the site.

I'm finished with my web site for now... http://www.carrtree.com

Would like to get some constructive criticism.

I made it 100% from scratch and have been tweaking it for months.

I know it's kind of wordy, but I don't mind narrowing down my incoming calls a bit...I'm not trying to attract customers looking to hire a big fancy service with new equipment, or customers looking to hire a budget/hack service..
'

I would ditch the green background. It highlights the square edges and the simple formatting. There is nothing wrong with that, but a white background, and changing the color palette of the pics a bit, will give it a cleaner more professional look.

Otherwise, I like the personal promise in the about me section, maybe change the font size a bit on that, center it, italics, something to make it stand out.

Tell me about this mushroom thing!

'

I would ditch the green background. It highlights the square edges and the simple formatting. There is nothing wrong with that, but a white background, and changing the color palette of the pics a bit, will give it a cleaner more professional look.

Thanks, good points. I will try and see how it looks. It is quite simple. My methods are from the 90's.

Otherwise, I like the personal promise in the about me section, maybe change the font size a bit on that, center it, italics, something to make it stand out.

Tell me about this mushroom thing!

Well it's a kind of a can of worms, and the timing has to be right, but you drill holes and put in these special pill-sized plugs which have the spores and then seal with wax. Then follow basic care instructions over the next year (+/-) and out they pop.

Back