Renting Dumpsters

NickfromWI

King of Splices
Who uses them? We rented our first one ever yesterday.

Driver was 2 hours late, which sucked, but it was great to just throw that big wood in there and forget about it.

We don't know the final charge. It's $440 for the first 4 tons then $60 a ton after that and extra if it surpasses 20,000 pound total. I asked a few of the guys and we all agreed it's right about at that 20K mark, so I'm interested to see

This particular company was shitty, but I liked how the overall process worked!

The guys used euc limbs to build a ramp into the dumpster, then set plywood over the top.

If I had to do it again I'd premake a ramp ahead of time

love
nick

Carl used to do it, but I've never seen anyone else use them. It seems like an expensive way to do business.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure what the alternative would be. Keep in mind we rarely do huge removals, so there is no cents in buying huge trucks

love
nick

The most successful treecos have their own places to dump, either on their property or someone elses. My buddy pays ten bucks a load for trash and clean chips are free. He has a good deal going with a fella with property on the river. You need to find someone with a place to dump who won't rip you off price-wise. If you can make dumpsters work for you, go for it. You could put an ad on Craigslist offering free raw wood for firewood in exchange for a place to dump. Most people like free firewood and will be willing to take the trash wood as long as some good wood comes along, too.

I had mentioned before there's a place locally that will take all the chips and brush you can haul them for free .They grind it in a big tub grinder and sell the mulch .

Since this guy opened now the landfills that charge are crying like broke dik dogs because they are not getting the arborists business .

As far as dumpster I have rented an 11 yard for $125 no dump fees ,roofing .Normally that thing is $175 but I get a break because it's my regular garbage man .3 days rental .Now bear in mind this is podunk Ohio not sunny California .

The trimmers can sell all the wood they get unsplit by the truck load .Sometimes right from the job site .

I rented two 40 yard cans last month as we didn't have time to haul the debris off ourself. $200/can plus $75 for delivery, no dump fees (pivotal, the landfill charges $21/ton).

The cost went straight to the customer, and everyone was happy. We had 7 other trucks hired on, I was in the loader and Ben was on the compactor. Fair bit happening and all at the same time.

nick in la and most of so cal, some firewood companys will send their own guys out to pick up your free wood, call around
dumpsters rock, tonnage kills
right now im doing a 3 acre land clearing job, and we are using a 35 yd dump trailer, and are bringing in a high side end dump next week

Clearing 3 acres would need a dedicated driver at least hauling material out it would seem. I fancy getting another dump trailer (semi stopgap to a roll off truck) for jobs with considerable material to haul out. The driver swaps trailers and keeps on trucking, work on the site continues... at least until the cycle time to dump exceeds the time to load the trailer and material starts backing up.

Back