Payroll Taxes...

NickfromWI

King of Splices
...suck so bad. I hate them. It makes me hate America. They are the reason why people don't follow the law. It costs me thousands of dollars and I get NOTHING for that.

That's all. Nothing clever to share. Just wanted to gripe about it.

I want to go back to the days where everyone was paid in cash.

love
nick

Barter! I figured I would be paying my welder Bocoo bucks to fix the broken welds on my new dump body. Turns out I was right, $750. Turns out he just bought a place and needs work. Now he's paying my guys and the welding is free.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's why I use sub's.

Here the law is very clear on what is a sub and what's an employee. In my case, since I direct the work, I am the primary source of income for the guys, and I provide the equipment, and work is done on my schedule- they are employees.

Yeah. It's a scam, for sure.

Just gotta get more clients to pay in cash!

love
nick

All this garbage stifles the economy and is enslavement..... we need a revolution. Peaceful one preferred.

WHOA! what is your breakdown? 7.5% for SS, medicare, unemployment (Cheap for me, no claims) and...

There is payroll taxes, and there is withholding that seems like its a different animal, IMO.

We are lucky here, with tree work being about $3.35/ hour WC.

Here the law is very clear on what is a sub and what's an employee. In my case, since I direct the work, I am the primary source of income for the guys, and I provide the equipment, and work is done on my schedule- they are employees.

Yeah. It's a scam, for sure.

Just gotta get more clients to pay in cash!

love
nick
Bummer!

Wow. Sounds way rougher than up here? I've always heard us Canadians had it worse off. My wcb is right around 10 percent just under actually and my employer contributions on ei and cpp are fairly minimal. I guess we get it on the personal end income tax.

My payroll is done by Wave Accounting- they are a web based accounting company that started payroll earlier this year.

love
nick

I think I need to hire someone to tell me how much payroll is supposed to cost because right now, I can't believe it.

Get a grasp on it yourself first. Payroll is pretty simple up here and I'm sure it would be down there too. The government makes it easy to give them money.

I walked in the EDD office locally. Checkbook in hand. Told them "I owe you money. How do I figure out how much and who do I make that check to??"

I spent all day there, made no progress and walked out more confused.

I'm sure this isn't a typical situation, but it sure turned me off on the whole ordeal. That's when I decided to outsource it.

Your encouragement is uplifting, but I don't know anyone locally that does it in house. It's hard for me to believe it is manageable for some reason.

Up here it must be different. Two week payroll for a small company takes longer to sign the cheques than to make them. I use a free downloaded payroll calculator. Win tax the free version update it every year with the new tables. Enter the hours and wage and pay period. Blammo everything is automatically figured for deductions. The goverent sends me a monthly remittance form that a couple of times a year turns into a three pay period remittance as I pay on the two weeks with no holdback. Remit monthly to the government and everything's square. I wouldn't pay much to have someone do it if I was ever looking to go that route. Easy peasy up here.

52 cents on the dollar, here. Goddamn thieves!

Pretty much because of fools like this!

1150175_551804541547978_1166951456_n.jpg

I'm not sure - probably. I was told for every dollar they paid me, they had to give 52 cents to Satan... I mean WC.

Back