Mileage write off

I think that if you are compensating him for the use of his vehicle you would deduct that cost. And if he is compensated by the mile then yeah, then someone needs to keep tract of the mileage.

I would get a gas card that would be used for that vehicle and used for gas, oil, etc,,basically a credit card that reflects usage for that truck.

I think that if you are compensating him for the use of his vehicle you would deduct that cost. And if he is compensated by the mile then yeah, then someone needs to keep tract of the mileage.

With a gas card, you input the milage at the pump.

I'm with Steve, pay him what ever trick rent you decide, he can keep track of his own mileage to write off If he likes

Was that auto-correct, Willie?

ever trick rent you decide.

Seems like paying him mileage is best. It should be enough to cover the who truck ownership and operation. I think that IRS allows about 55 cents per mile to cover all costs. A truck would average out more per mile, IMO.

You could easily have the mileage reimbursement on his check, probably in an non-taxed category.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks!
The mileage is a known with my wife to the 10th:rolleyes:
I have not paid as a per mile more of a this fair to you for today.
For now both ways will be documented. Just trying to run a tight ship:beer:

Gotta love that $.55/mile....I bought a 2003 VW Passat three weeks ago. 32+ MPG. Every time I leave in it, I log the mileage and make sure I do SOMETHING pertaining to work while I'm out and about. ;)

At the last company I worked for the boss would only pay 20¢ per mile. I confronted him about it using the IRS rate as my evidence that it should be higher.

He fairly said, "prove to me where that 55¢ comes from and I'll pay it."

I spent a few hours doing a huge formula taking into account average miles that a person has a car, avg cost of gas, maintenance, major repairs, the cost of the vehicle, depreciation, adding a little to account for things I couldn't think of and the most I could come up with was 32¢ per mile.

He made the company reimbursement rate 35¢ from that point forward and offered $100 to anyone that could find the error in my formula that accounted for the extra 20¢/mile. I had a week of people asking me "did you account for this? Dd you account for that?"

I'd love to talk to the IRS about tht 55¢

love
nick

Back