Splicing Certification

TreeRhino

TreeHouser
Quick Question. is there any type of certification for splicing? I know yale used to have, and maybe still does have, a SPLICER certification, but is there anything out there for people to have their splices certified? As a rule, we dont do our own splices but I've picked up a few guys recently who can do it and I wouldnt mind letting them, but for liability reasons, I would rather they have some sort of certification.

Thanks!

Yale, and Samson will give you a certificate of competency on their particular ropes and splices. It carries no weight with any governing body. There isn't a "certification" for splicing really.

The certification doesn't do anything for liability. Make sure your guys are doing good splices. That's how you CYA. Offer to send a few out for break testing. That will tell you a lot. Or have samples sent to an experienced splicer for dissection and evaluation.

It's just a slightly more complicated knot. Or easier. The straight tapered bury is easier to teach than a Blake's hitch!

love
nick

Back