Rope Guide

jtrouse

Treehouser
Hi all I know it's been a while I've been on here.

Got a question I've spliced up a e2e from ocean vectran with double brummels and with a 2" bury it is a very short piece so it does not hang super low what is everyone's thoughts ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373722523.022313.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373722561.832642.jpg

Hey Jim, when you say double brummels, do you mean regular brummels or locking brummels? Does the rope pass through itself a total of 4 times per eye and the tails then have a tapered crossover too?

If I were going to hang on that every day I'd either make another and have it break tested in the fashion that you're loading it, or I'd have a real short machine stitched i2i cord made.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Two lots of locking Brummels then tail tapered but crossing over.

I'd rather get it stitched who knows where I can get 6mm cord stitched. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Crossing over is good. You've allowed for MORE tails and a longer smoother taper.

What's the breaking strength of that rope? I didn't google it, but if it's 6mm rope, that means the load bearing core is only like 4mm...ish. Which means the breaking strenghth is around 4,000pounds ISH.

So will it hold? Probably. If I was a judge at gear check would I allow it? Probably not.

Thanks all I've decided to use a 30 cm dynema sling and pit heat shrink over it rather than the ov. Ill post pics later

I had it set like that but I want a pinto on it I've got a modified primus with cocoon and another with a pinto. Post pics soon. Thanks.

Back