Accounting Software

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's the basic work flow? How does it get your banking info? I am using a free online service and I give them my login info for my bank. They log in for me and get my transactions every day and then I categorize them when I have time. It's a sweet concept, but doesn't always work. I think I need to look into the paid services out there.

How is the quickbooks tech support? These guys I send an email, then wait approx 48 hours for a response which is rarely fully helpful, so I gotta send a reply and wait another 48 hours for a response.

ru20U41175.jpg

hahaha...that's his WIFE. They always know more than we do.

I'm probably not a good one to ask..I only use QB for my accts. rec / invoicing. I don't do payables thru QB.

And my QB is 2007...tech support is long over. When I used them at QB they were good but the wait time for help was usually long.

My bookkeeper uses QB. I have been thinking of some sort of mobile device with quickbooks to keep customers and estimates and invoices and receipts all simple.

I used to use QB for estimates, invoices, receipts, but lost it in a hard drive crash (don't let your laptop overheat!), and have been going on paper and excel for a while now, trying google documents and such currently.

After having all that Quickbooks go sour on me and all three of us had to reenter all the years data right at tax time, I swear by the spread sheet system now. I use Google Docs like you Sean. Check the totals at the end of the year and put them into the appropriate tax boxes on Turbo Tax... No worries and I can enter data from where ever I have internet. Back up on HD.. No worries.
My Quick Books updated on time and lost most o my years data. Pissed off would be an understatement.

Been using quickbooks since 2011 and been very happy with it. I keep track of all my personal, business and credit accounts (enter receipts and payments into each), do estimates and invoices and then reports when needed through quickbooks. The one gripe I have with the program is the ipad/iphone app sucks big time which I would like to be able to do in the field estimates and invoicing with an ipad but because the app is so unreliable I haven't purchased an ipad yet. Hoping a newer version gets released to smooth out that issue. Overall I'm happy with the program,

jp:D

Back