10mm Beeline - Help!

bonner1040

Nick from Ohio
Can I splice this?

Is it a class 2 doublebraid splice? class 1?

old or new 10mm?? both can be spliced but i think the old stuff if spliced on both ends for a hitch cord ruptures the jacket. Both you pull out the core and put in a locked bromel with a bury and then put it back in the cover. Super easy splice, worst part is whipping the cover...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It must be the new? Blue.

I thought it was just a core brummel splice, but all the info out there is confusing.

I will be splicing a ring onto one end and then making an adjustable friction saver. There will be a prussick with a ring/pulley that moves. Are there any issues with having a prussick on the jacket while the eye splice is a core exposed brummel?

What is it I read about only the 8mm being a core exposed eyesplice?

I also plant to splice the other end to a ART retrieval snap. The hardware and config was provided by a coworker who asked me to do it up for him.. Just want to make sure I am on the right track.

I also read somewhere that the new 10mm recipe is locked brummels.

The only thing holding the cover in place would be your lock stitching. Personally, you couldn't pay me to put a prusik on that and climb on it. :)

Try some 10mm OP!

I just asked Nick from CA via WI this question in a PM a few days ago. I was asking for use in a lanyard. I'll probably do the core dependent splice from the Brion Toss book.

Sorry the book is in NM. I could scan those pages when I get back there in a month or so.
It's definitely a book worth buying though.

Nick- get that book.

The newer 10mm beeline has the same core material as the old 8mm stuff. Both are spliced with exposed eyes.

If you have a blue core, that is probably the old polyester core and that rope is spliced as a class ONE double braid.

Your pic wouldn't display for some reason so I can't see the pic.

love
nick

Back