Fishing 2013

Underwor

Treehouser
Here is my biggest catch for the first day of 2013, ignore the date on the photo). About a 6# Northern. Really slow fishing, but great time with son and grand daughter.

Attachments

• 100_2122.jpg
    100_2122.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 44
Awesome! First fish in the house. Ha, we stayed on the dock because the wind was howling but not even snow and ice stopped you! Nice catch!

Here is my biggest catch for the first day of 2013, ignore the date on the photo). About a 6# Northern. Really slow fishing, but great time with son and grand daughter.

Cool

I see you're in ND. When I lived in MT we had a saying about Minot ND. Why not minot freezing was the reason.

Even though I seen -80 -100 in 83-84 in MT.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We have about 16" of ice currently. Temp was a balmy 15 or 20F. Beats the heck out of the cold, humid weather we had in IL. My outfit is good to about -30F. House has a big gas garage heater in it, so it is usually run at low pilot setting to keep it tolerable inside. If it gets too warm, just open the door for a few minutes. Often there is more deer sausage consumed than fish caught. Good social event, about 15 houses in the area where mine is set up.

When I was a deckhand on a workboat, I fished every chance I got. Mostly Red Snapper and Grouper. It was FUN!

New years day steelhead in the boat.

6enygy6e.jpg

It looks to me like the boy is unhappy because he caught the fish, and the adult is holding it up for the photo.

Another pretty hen. Hatchery must have reached their quota as this is the second we've caught recently that had reached the hatchery but still have her eggs.

symebazy.jpg

Fishing in the morning son caught the biggest crappie 15" (other guy in pic is my dad). Others were smaller crappie, perch and eating size channel cat.

dad

Back